engine swop

neo

as you probably have guessed im very interested in my friends westy but got a feeling that its going to be too slow "i could be wrong" its cvh powered now but if i was to upgrade it at a later date to bike power is it going to be more trouble than its worth or should i stay wiyh say zetec or vauxhall 2.0 16v motors :t-up:

I've daid it before somewhere else. Buy a car with the engine you want. Swapping engines, particularly from car to bike, will be expensive, and will throw your budget out the window.

A well driven CVH will be quicker than you might think though, but not necessarilly where you might think.

the trouble is that what ever you get theres always a chance for more power,the quest for more has no end,well untill i run out of loot anyway its just the car in question suits the bill for now and i was looking to see what it could hold for the future. :t-up:  :t-up:

It is highly unlikely that a CVH powerd car will be quicker than a well modified Impreza.  On the sprints and hills something like a P1 or a 300HP modified Scooby will beat the majority of the kit cars anyway.  The kits that are faster will generally have 200HP+ and you are never going to get that from a CVH.

Ian

I agree but i feel its a  fair starting point and as the funds allow i will drop in a well modded vauxhall 2.0 xe 16v later on in the winter may be..