16v Vxl into Westfield

16vastra

For gearbox, the cheapest way is 5-speed type 9 gearbox from Ford Sierra (usually about £50) - maybe a bit marginal on 200 bhp. If you go this way (or more expensive 5-speed based on type 9, but with Quaife or BGH internals), for clutch set up, get standard Vauxhall 16 valve cover plate with Ford Sierra 2.3 V6 clutch plate and Ford clutch release lever and bearing (Sierra plate is 232 mm dia, compared with 228mm Vauxhall plate and just fits inside Vauxhall cover plate)

Cheers

Marshall

i think i may have to bite the bullet and shell out for a strong box as its gonna be over 200bhp by the time it gets lifted into a westie. i am actually running an uprated 8v clutch & plate so its smaller - adds more to my list :p

i am only running an 8v gearbox at the minute and just see it as a matter of time before it lets go, better do it properly next time  :durr: (but at a tenner a pop its no big deal to change)

got the catalogue this morning, looks cheaper than i thought :)