Type 9 Box?

Dave B

I have a 200+ bhp Zetec and I think I need to purchase a type 9 box which will cope.

Ideally I would like to be able to chose the ratios and collect an assembled unit.

Can anyone point me towards some suppliers please.

Second option is to run a std MT75 and use a higher ratio lsd diff, however this will make 1st almost useless.

Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you

You need to speak to either, or all of, BGH (Brian Hill), Quaiffe, Road and Race Transmissions, Tran X and/or SPC. A web search should reveal lots of stuff.

Also, have a look at Dave Andrews web site, as he has info on BGH, as well as a contact number.

A search of the archives on this site should reveal a number for Road and Race Transmissions.

Thanks Blatman,

Have tried BGH with 2 messages, 2 faxes and a SAE must be snowed under with work.

Will try the others and thanks once more.

Tran X - www.tran-x.com 02476 659061

Road and Race - 01959 525105

If you're interested, I have an 18 month BGH Rocket 5 type 9 for sale. Ratios are:

1st - 2.58:1

2nd - 1.65:1

3rd - 1.23:1

4th - 1:1

5th - 0.91

Complete with quickshift, alloy lid and drain plug

Email me if you want to know more.

John