close to take off ??

Dave

:(

Just changed my front shocks to Spax and rears to AVO after several “bad moments / bowel movements” on fast sweeping bends, the car was nervous and did not instil confidence!!!

Anyway it is now 110% better through the corners but in a straight line, the front end seems to lift at high speed and the steering is lighter and twitchy!!

I am running swept wings on this car (my last Westy had cycle wings)and have heard that they can lift the front under certain conditions, this seems logical but  is this true??

Or could the setup of the front end be wrong?

???

Nowt to do with swept wings - I used to run them before changing to cycle wings.  ;)

Sounds like you need to look at your front end set-up  ;)

Did you check the front and rear ride heights after installing the new shocks?  It sounds like the Spax/AVO combination may have changed the front-to-rear ratio, so that the nose is now pointing up a little more than it did with the old setup.  

-John

:arse:

I have solved the problem, feel a bit of a Tw**t  really.

Lowered the front by 5mm then it hit me, I went to the local garage and used their tyre inflator, big mistake the gauge was out by 15lbs the tyres had 35 psi !!! = good cornering on the twisty bits & wandering down the strait bits.

:arse:  :durr:  :blush:

I'm dim therfore I am :arse:

and brave enough to admit your mistrakes - you ain't the first and certainly won't be the last - result.  ;)  :)  :cool: