Aeroscreens

JamesD

Need to question a few people with experience of aeroscreens. I was going to go for this option as it saved alot of hassle at SVA, is cheaper and makes the car look really good if you complement with race seats.

However....

How comfortable is a Westy to drive with these screens, is it a helmet job all the time???

Any advice from those with experience would be great. I hope to go up to the factory myself at some point and try a car with them fitted.

Regards,

JD

Aeroscreens are very good but you do get flies in your hair in the summer. Probably more of note is being hit by stones but I never wear a helmet, just a benny hat and shades/goggles.

They are good at keeping the rain off though but it all comes in the side and wets your arm anyway.

Going by some other postings on this board, it seems that aeroscreens help your speed a lot too.

Go for it.

JD,

I run an aeroscreen and it's great.

Up to 60ish the air goes straight over your head, no need for glasses. Above 60 is does get a bit windy but not unbearable.

Looks deap cool as well.

I'm in Northampton, if you want a go drop me an e-mail.

Aeroscreen it is then, thanks for the advice.

If I change mt mind later on I suppose it just requires changing the scuttle to be able to fit the windscreen. Or I could find somone that is good at plugging holes in GRP.

A trip to the factory to try these Aeroscreens is in order me thinks!

P.S Any idea what the cost is in comparison to the full windscreen setup?

Regards

JD

Hi james,

I went for the aero screen option & am glad i did (a)it looks the biz (b)it will save you **** loads of cash!!

aero screen £230.00 + which ever mirrors you fit

norm screen £285.00

wiper kit £156.00

wipers £39.95

washer kit £28.00

heater kit £223.00

=£eeerrr loads?

hope this helps

regards

will

I switched from full windscreen to aeroscreen last year and it is definately recommended - better visibility, less weight, a lot less drag (= better acceleration at high speed).

Do get some decent glasses though - I use M-Frame Oakleys which wrap around, are impact resistant and are good for even low light conditions, good for 90mph+ if you must!

Stuart

I built my car with an aeroscreen and its great saves weight, money, helps with proformance of the car no windscreen frame to spoil the view. When it rains you get a wet right arm and the tops of your thighs get wet at low speed, with a helmet on your face and head are dry I would recomend a helmet all the time stones hurt just look at the mess they make to your tin top windscreen and these are angled and aeroodinamicaly shaped your only get one set of eyes.

There is a little bufferting at high speeds but not too bad did not notice it that much at Cadwell Park 111mph down Park Straight [also first track day before any one says I was slow]

Paul. :)