Richfield Seats

furtive

I need to replace the seats in my Westfield with some that (a) have some sort of neck support in the event of an impact and (b) still allow me to drive the car (as well as SWMBO)

I noticed that some people have these:

rx777.jpg

I assume they fit fine into a narrow bodied car, and would still allow someone who is 6 feet tall drive it?

Yes, they're designed specifically for narrow body Westfields.  Here's mine installed:

Wench1.jpg

I'm 5'10" and have the same room as my old bench seat.  I happen to think they're very good and love the way they look.  If you're in the Warks area sometime you can try mine for size before you order them.

You can see in the photo the side bolsters on the back which help on cornering.  It's never going to be like Colin McRae's Recaro seats in the support stakes, but they're a **** site better than the bench seats in that department.  The seat is fairly flat and so's the centre back, so it doesn't give a lot of lumbar support IMHO, but they are very good for distances and quick work, and of course the head restraints are a big factor for me.  I did have to alter the lower seat belt mounts as the normal "eye & clip" system is too wide - I just used straight bolts instead and bolted the seat belt lower clips to the sides in the original holes.  OK, it'll be a few extra minutes to undo them if I want to, but since I never did before, it's not a problem to me.  There's no runners for adjustments ( seat would be too tall! ), they're just bolted straight to the floor.  Cost?  Well, I got lucky and got them new from someone who couldn't use them at a discount, but from what I know you're looking at about £400ish for the vinyl pair with head restraints (like these) and six weeks delivery, depending on colour and style.

try europa spares#, i bought a couple from them, got one shop soiled for £75! good as new.

had to order the other from richfield, just my luck they had just had a price increase. With headrest cost £220 ish.!

had to wait 8 weeks also after originally being told 2-3 weeks delivery..... :angry:

I have a pair of these seats (black vinyl, red piping & headrests) unused, I was going to fit them in my other kit (non westy) but they weren't right. If you want to save a few quid and skip the waiting list then how about the pair for £325 ?

Matt.

Any one on a real budget could do a lot worse than looking for some seats from a Bedford rascal van, very narrow, high backed / headrestraint, dirt cheap, and on a shallow runner...Just an idea.

:p

I've got a pair of westy seats gathering dust in the loft. they are black and in fair condition, without head rests but with runners, from my wide car.

Only looking for £40 the pair. they may fit a narrow car?

:D