looking to buy

neo

This question has probably come up before but,The wide version when did it come out and is there a noticeable difference in the size from the inside as im 6ft2 and 14 1/2 stone and thinking if its going to be a sqash for me in the standard car,what your opinions as you have more idea than me oviously.

I'm 6'3" and fit into a wide body car with no probs (there's a 6'6" Megabusa owner on this list)! Both cars have floor mounted pedals and lots of foot room being bike powered.

I think the narrow body cars might be a bit of a squeeze....but why not find out where the local area meet is, turn up and ask to sit in a few cars.

Regards

JohnThe MegaBLADE Site

The cockpit is around 4" longer (scuttle to back bulkhead) and about the same wider as well so you'll be a LOT more comfortable in the Wide version   :p  ;)

Hi there,

I have a 1990 SE (not wide bodied), am 6 foot 2, and weight 15 1/2 stone.  It's a bit of a squeeze, but it's comfortable and I've got enough legroom.  However, any sign of middle age spread would cause serious problems fitting into the car!

Mike

Wide came out around 1991 as I remember. Mine is a 92 wide chassis and I know it only became an options a few months before I purchased mine. For me it is the width rather than the height which is useful ?

I would suggest you try sitting in a few at Wesfield as there can be a lot to be gained with pedal and seat types and I am sure they get a lot of taller guys.

Alternatively the kit-car show period will be with us soon ?

Also don't forget that on many cars the gearbox is offset to the left so always try them for size from the drivers side (or both) if you want to be a passenger also?

i think i will opt for the wide body version given the choice,as a bit more space is always going to be a advantage,thanks for the comments guys,any ideas what sort of money i will be looking at for a early wide body version. :t-up:

I paid £7.5k for mine last year but it does have a Quaife sccr gearbox with quickshift, a Quaife 4.1 LSD and a well tuned 1800 Zetec on 45DCOEs with Alpha 3d ignition plus some other stuff (like a trailer!;) so I got my money's worth - although that hasn't stopped me lavishing lots of money on it since!   :cool:

PS: as I said earlier (in your other thread), my car is a 1990 built & registered SEiW so the wide-body option must have been available in late 1989-early 1990.  ;)  :cool:

I have an SeiW (wide).  Registered 90 but kit was '89.  I'm 6'1" and fit fine.  I would try cars with both types of pedals, if you have long legs, you may prefer floor mounted pedals.  I tried a narrow bodied and found that I could use the clutch and 'go pedal' but couldn't quite get a good purchase on the brake :0

peter

Sorry to digess here but what sort of power output do you get from the zetec with the carbs? I have the fuel injected action and get around 155BHp. Dunnell motorsport promise plenty more as long as you have the cash.

Just wondering, as you know it's never fast enough

Stuey, I've not had it dynoed yet as the only time I got it on the rollers it was getting wheelspin so we tied it down harder but then the chassis touched the front roller as it's on 13" wheels and set low for hillclimbs etc. - previous owner said around 170-175 but who knows.....it has a Dunnell lowline sump fitted but I don't even know what cams are in it yet!

PS: Race Technology AP22 Performance Meter recorded 0-60 in 4.8secs in about 200ft on the road last year

Sounds quite nippy. Maybe it's has been more heavily breathed upon than you think. Mine will spin it's wheels in second so god knows what yours does. Sounds like you got a bargain....

...either that or it has been used as a taxi !  ;)

• 1 month later...

A wide body model is what you want, I'm 5' 11" and about 14 stone no problems with the fit for me. Oddly enough My 1660X-flow SEWide is up for sale, drop me an email if you're interested.

andrew.gibbs@getronics.com