4 spoke revolutions

sweaty

I have just aquired 4 13" x 5.5" 4 spoke revolutions that are ford fitment. Does anyone know if these will fit straight on to a westfield. I have just started building the car so can't try them for size. I will be using standard M16 calipers up front and Sierra rears.

Thanks

Question for Nick Ref 4 spoke revolutions  

I bought my 1989 Sei with 13inch Revolutions already fitted

How do I check that the offset's are correct ?

and what should it be any way?

If they are wrong what effect would it have on the car.

PS. I do think that in good condition they would look great on my old nail, mine need a little TLC. :durr:

Hi Steve,

As for what the offset should be for an SEi, I'm afraid your best bet would be to check with the factory.  It may well vary slightly according to the width of wheel you're fitting.

As for how you check your wheels, quite often the info is cast, or stamped, into the wheel around the rim or on the back of the spokes.  Look for a number beginning with ET.

If you have wheels with the wrong offset then I think it primarily affects things like the steering geometry over bumps, particularly when turning corners.

On an SeiW, the "correct" offset is E35, as used by the factory.

For "correct" read "standard". there is some leeway on this, but it's best to stay within standard specs as offsets greater or less than this can give problems with handling and fouling of suspension/weelarches etc.

The factory can advise if you have any queries.

Richard

I forgot to add - must be getting old!

The offset (or in some cases INset) is the distance from the mounting face of the wheel to the centreline of the rim, measured in Millimetres. So if the figure is say 35 (positive) it means that the mounting face is 35mm inboard of the rim centreline. A negative number would indicate that the mounting face is outboard of the centreline.

Simple to measure, just use 2 straight edges across the mounting face and rim bead. measure distance between and deduct half of the rim width = offset / inset

RS

Richard, when building my SEiW I was told, by Chris Masters, that the offset for 6x15 wheels was ET13 to ET20.  

Is the ET35 offset for a 7 inch wide rim ??

Had a look at the back of mine the other day.

They have only one number stamped on the back - 16

These are the standard megablade minilites 13 x 6.

Doing a (very) rough measurement seemed to confirm this.

And mines an 89/90 Sei wide with an E15 offset  ;)

There are a few possible variants  ???  Best check with the factory and give them the year of chassis manufacture and model, so they can check their records  ;)