MT75 reversing light connection

rowle1p

Hi

I have an MT75 gearbox with two wires going to a connector for the reversing lamp switch.  The westie manual states that there are normally 4 wires from the mt75 and that these should be cut off and a new switch installed (from westfield) to be compatible with the westie loom.

Since mine appears to have 2 wires and the loom has 2 wires does anyone know if this will work ?

Thanks

Phil

I think my reversing light switch only had 2 wires. Just cut off the old connector and replace with something compatible with the Westie loom.

It shouldn't matter which wire goes to which.

Kevin

Good news, wonder why in the westfield manual it clearly states that a new switch will be needed ?

The switch I have and new connectors will be fine !

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yes, the 2 wires will work. The switch is normally open and when reverse gear is selected it is closed, which "joins" the two wires. The wires are earth (-) so this just completes the circuit.

No worries!