13" WHEELS AND TYRES

will maskell

HI THERE,

OK ALL YOU PEEPS WITH 13" ALLOYS AND TYRES,NEED HELP WITH SIZE OF ALLOYS AND TYRES,OK YOU'VE ALREADY ANSWERED THIS QUESTION A MILLION TIMES BEFORE ,BUT HEY I'M NEW!!!

(1) 6" OR 7" X 13 ALLOYS

(2) SIZE OF TYRE TO FIT ABOVE(YOKO OR SIMILAR)

MANY,MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP & ADVICE

WILL :)

Would be handy to know engine type, power output, and what the intended use is..........

Oh yeah.........STOP SHOUTING..................

pardon ...........  :)

blatman,sorry for SHOUTING :(  i will never use the caps lock again! engine output is 127 ish bhp,intended use eventually will be track days & some sprints,i have only just finished the car so have not done anything yet ??? .all i wanted to know was what you guys using 13" wheels were running,tyre & wheel sizes!

sorry if it was a stupid question,but thanks anyway.

billy no mates ???

Will,

you'll soon make a couple of friends - Blatman and Gee-finn the lightweight 13 inchers are sure to post through with all the merits of Bridgestones, Yokohamas and Avons but perhaps not Fuldas  :)

If its any help make sure they're round.

From a big heavy 15 incher  ???  :arse:

Yep. 6x13 rims, using 185/60 tyres. Yoko A032's have great grip but short life, ie around 5000 if you're not on track a lot. Expect that to decrease rapidly the more track time you have.

Yoko A021's are a similar compound to the 32's, but have better wet weather charachteristics, if that is a concern, and 2-3mm more tread when new, so should last longer.

13" tyres are generally a lot cheaper than their 15" counterparts, so I wouldn't worry about the longevity thing too much.