cheapest from scratch

neo

Blade engines are more expensive than a zetec, but you also get more for your money.  They range from about £600'ish for engine only, to an average of about £850 to £1000 for the full car kit.  Note that that this includes some of the auxiliaries like alternator and even a 6 speed sequential gearbox!  (Not to mention a 12,000 red line, and F1 sound!;)  Plus with the weight you save over a zetec engine you end up with a much better power-to-weight ratio.

I think the more relevant issue is that the engine type required would depend on what you want you use the car for.  Blade engines are not so good for a journey down to the south of France, but excels at shorter blasts.

Just my 2p's worth.

Ric (not too biased)

Orange Megablade

Yeah i would be using it for track days and the blast out on a sunday and stuff, I  think money alone will send me the car engine route for now any way. :t-up: