Catch Tanks

fordy

Got a catch tank on my Xflow - its got about half a cup of oil in it - do i have to empty this???, or does it feed back into the car automatically somehow - sorry if this is a really dumb question, but ive never had a car with a catch tank before

Thanks for any advice

Chris

Frow it away  :)  and top up to the required level with new stuff  :)

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity - how much would you expect to collect in a catch tank over say 250 miles?? - mine seems to have collected about half a cup - is this alot or OK?

thanks again.

Chris

Chris,

Just so you don't feel alone, my x-flow does the same.  I've often wondered how much oil I can expect it to dump into the catchpot.

Ray  ???

The amount of oil in the catch tank will depend on the condition of the engine, the type of breathers fitted and the routing of the hoses.  1/2 cup in 250 miles for a xflow sounds low.  On my brothers old sprint car with an engine in good condition you would get that after one days sprinting!  

Ian

He's obviously not trying hard enough!  :D   :D  :D  :D  :D

True.  With a lot of lateral G the oil will get slopped around everywhere and the usual Ford breather (rectangular canister on the side of the block) doesn't have very good baffling inside it.

Ian