Insurance

samcooke

I'm shortly getting hold of a 1600XF Westy and wonder if anyone has any tips on where to get it insured.

I'm 23 and Adrian Flux want 450 quid but I've had a quote of 319 from a company called Roadsure in Essex.

Any other ideas?

Does 319 sound OK?

I pay 230 ish for mine and its a VX so 300+ seems steep unless your no claims bonus is not pretty and its not a second car (not 100% sure on the last point).

Keep shopping around trading them off each other if you have the time to do it.

Westy

Footman James are usually very good. Osbourne were okay too. However, make sure that it's not just parts they're insuring you for (ie. should be parts & labour).

Just in case you're interested...

I eventually settled on an agreed value comp policy with a company near Cambridge / Huntingdon called Sureterm at a not too sad £255. Footman James wanted £312.

Being 23 and having only zero no claims doesn't help but I have a Saab 900 turbo with some handling and engine mods that I do 7000 miles a year in that costs me £1100 comp, so I'll cough up £255 happily.

A quarter of the money for four times the fun.

Now all I need is to get heated seats, climate and a CD fitted in the Westfield and alter the aerodynamics so it'll do a 120mph cruise and I can ditch the Saab altogether...

Sam Cooke - stop lying about your age - "Don't know much about biology ..... Don't know much about trigonometry"   :cool: What a wonderful World

Anyway you've probably heard em all.

You'll find a W*******d is a lot cheaper to insure than a tin top - grab one of the kit car mags - there's always loads of insurers adverts in there and you can soon get a good deal after a few phone calls  :D

Hey Mark, is he a member?

if so can i have a copy of the membership form?

I've just got to have his autograph :D

What a guy :cool:

What a singer :t-up:

Hurdsey old chap

You been quiet for a while - how was christmas ?

Yep, Sam's one of my all time favourites  :cool:  We are old.

P.S What you doing on 22 and 23 June - think carefully before answering - bring your own Bacardi   :D