insurance - why so cheap?

mmmmdonuts

Not that I'm complaining or anything.  When I was looking for a sportscar I went through lots of options, such as Supra, Lancer Evo, Elise, Chimeara etc etc  There was  one thing they all had in common - insurance companies wanted about £2000 to insure me on them.  Then the person that sits opposite me at work suggested looking at kit cars.  I ended up at Westfield getting my sport carbon, and paying £250!

I then smashed it up very stupidly   :( .  It was shortly before my first renewal.  £6500 of damage, and entirely my fault.  And my insurance premium went up to.....£340.  I rang them twice to make sure they hadn't made a mistake.

Anyway, Westies don't get stolen much, but I would have thought they get quite a lot of crash claims.  Or do people just fix them themselves and not go through the insurance?  Or am I the only person that crashes?

I think the point with Kit cars and Classic cars is that they are very individual. As alot of people build/restore them themselves, they take more pride in the car. With Porche's, Scoobys and the like, if you stak one, you can get another.

People are probably less inclined to total kit cars cos you are pretty much f***** if you do:)