What can I do with my dash?

furtive

What options do I have with my dash? I want to make the speedo and rev counter visible from the driving seat as well as make the whole thing look a bit better. Any suggestions welcome.

inside1-thumb.jpg

:)

Hi,

I had the same problem as you, tatty dash etc and opted for carbon effect ABS plastic ( it is cheep at £25 for 600 x 1340mm& you can form it with a heat gun and weld it with a soldering iron)

It is a bit prone to scratching but a cheep alternative and looks good.

One word of warning, remember the scuttle cross tube is there when cutting out your holes for clocks and switches. I didn’t and Knackered one ½ of the sheet.

Also plan where you want to put everything, I have a CAD package for my pc which helped tremendously.

If you want any help please e-mail me dave@westfield730.fsnet.co.uk

Redid mine in 1.5mm alloy sheet and got a reasonable layout (lots of work with a jigsaw).  Just finishing ver 1.0 in same with veneer cover( more lots of jigsaw work).  Now I fancy a range of plastic ones so I can change with mood/day of week etc...

Where did the carbon effect plastic come from??

cheers

damianc

• 3 weeks later...

Alloy is ideal as it's cheap enough that you can try a couple of layouts without any worries.

The plastic ones may well be a bit flexible - proper carbon is *much* stiffer than the fake stuff, but it's also more expensive.

Try Lightning Looms web-site - Lightning Looms - for some prices of dash boards and blanks.

• 2 weeks later...