SVA arse.

megabusa

Is there any way to avoid SVA testing with a newly built Westfield? I wasn't gonna use it on the road when I built it, but now quite fancy the idea. Trouble is it would need virtually rebuilding to get it thru the SVA. (new steering column, steering wheel, mirrors, exhaust, speedo, lights, etc etc.)  ???

If it has never been registered then there's no way around it that I am aware of.

Most of the items you list are required to be within the construction and use regs anyway, so if you did have it registered and drove it without lights, for example, it would be an offence anyway.

If you've used the parts Westfield supply / recommend for the majority of the build I can't see anything major that would be a hurdle at SVA, though.

And it's well worth putting it on the orad.

Kevin

..........apply for a change of chassis numbers.

I had a load of trouble trying to change chassis numbers on one of my cars. I had to take it to the local DVLA office, where they inspected it to make sure it was the same car as the one with the "old" chassis number (it was, but how would they know?). I ran the risk of having to re-register on a "Q", and suffer the ignominy of having to pass an SVA test, despite the car being already registered. The inspector said that while engine swaps were commonplace, chassis swapping was tantamount to producing a new car, and the relevant rules would apply...............

So the question is .... If I had to replace the chassis cos it got damaged in an accident, wuld I have to therfore go through SVA ? Or can I get another chassis with the same number stamped on it ? :(

Received wisdom (from DVLA inspector!;) is to get a new chassis with the old number..........

So buy an old car and log book, send the logbook off to be changed to a new engine and body colour, and hey presto! Is this correct, or simply a sure fire way to get banged up for ringing a car??

Westfield were only able to supply a chassis with a new number.  Something to do with cloning another car.

As Westfieldman2002 alludes to, you buy a chassis with a new number on it, but it doesn't mean it has to stay on it :0

As long as the chassis you are replacing is not an insurance notified total loss/accident damaged, then who's gonna know?

I think N_J is more concerned about his missus stuffing the car whilst trying to out do herself at Boscombe this year....... :p  ;)  :0  :devil:

:)

I'm sort of vaguely contemplating a new chassis in a few year's time but have no desire to go through the SVA so a bit of welding may be required...

I suppose you could remove the chassis numbered tubes and take them to the factory for fitting to a new chassis.....or perhaps even ask the factory to supply a chassis un-numbered.........for off road/racing use only of course  ;)