Insurance?

SiGainey

Hi,

A newbie question - I have a Celica GT4 at the moment with a hybrid turbo and water injection and quite a few other mods, but am sick to death of insurance companies charging me another 500 quid to stick a different component on the car... :devil:

Is westfield insurance the same, or are the seen differently by insurance companies as they are kit cars and hence there are no "standard" components?

I'd love to run an aftermarket engine management system, but don't want to be paying through the nose for it! :)

Any hints for the best mod friendly insurance company? I'm 27, living in a low risk area (Chester) and do approx 6K miles p/a

Thanks for any help :)

Good news for you - I have less years of wisdom and only pay £220 for a VX 2.0l sei wide @ 180+bhp.  Yours will probably be the same sort of price.

For some [silly] reason the insurance companies believe we build these cars and love them so so much that we would never drive them faster enough to cause an accident :devil:  :devil:

Westy :t-up:

Couldn't agree more.

I live in a relatively high risk area but pay less to drive my Blade engined car than I do to drive my Ford KA (insurance group 2!;)

That's why I sold the Impreza!

kit cars are definitely cheap thrills - im 29 with 2 accidents and had a TVR chimeara last year - was paying 1600 quid insurance - ive been quoted £280 for a Westfield (as a 2nd car) that will be quicker than the old TVR  - now driving a Ford Focus!!! and hoping to buy a Westy as a 2nd car soon - 2 cars and cheaper to run than the old 'one' i had.

:D

I've had the same experience.  They seem to work solely from engine size, age and where you live.  They're not interested in what you do to the engine.