• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick M

• gee_fin

• Mrs Westy

• Buzz Billsberry

Password protected of course, we can't have you lot knowing what we're saying about you...

No need to password protect it - I mean, I hear my wife speak to me, but I still don't know what she's on about half the time... ;)

Can't believe girlies chatting in their own forum would be that different ;)

>>The only time men mix with women is when their raving drunk on stella and following a pair of women's baps round a pub.

AAAhhhh... I see.  Does that mean you're one of those types who *needs* a car with a huge bonnet...? :p

AAAhhhh... I see.  Does that mean you're one of those types who *needs* a car with a huge bonnet...? :p

Well I need some where 2 sleep after all that beer 'cause I'm no good 4 anything else!!! :zzz:  ;)He He!!

Buzzy :cool:

...well if men, women & cars don't mix, why don't you give us our own chat room?  Password protected of course, we can't have you lot knowing what we're saying about you...

Women can't keep secrets the don't understand the concept of the word. Gossip is another way of spelling  female  ;):p

Buzz  :cool:

>>Well I need some where 2 sleep after all that beer 'cause >>I'm no good 4 anything else!!!   ;)He He!!

Is that why it's called a cockpit? :0

Hmmm, those seats should move, or is it just a case of they don't move far enough ??

Nick - how do I move my seats then so the missus can "have a go", seeing as I spent our wedding fund on the car, it only seems fair I let her have a drive

I could make all sorts of harsh comments about how she's spending all of your money on the wedding so you buying the car seems only fair..... but I'll save that for now ;)

I think the seat was primarily getting stuck on the harness adjusters for the lap straps so that might need looking into for starters.  As for how much movement there should be, the only way I can think of is to remove the seats and check out how much movement there is in the runners.  You may find the seat is also getting stuck on the cockpit sides and that's preventing it from moving as much as it could.

You may actually have to drill some extra holes in the floor and move the seat that way as and when needed - not ideal, but at least SWMBO gets to play (if only occasionally.....).

This thread seems to be a hot potato subject.  So question, who told their Mrs they were going to buy a kit car that would cost about £x,000 for decent one and ended up paying shedloads more like me?

And the final result, was she woo'd by your passion wagon (The westfield) or by chocolates and flowers (what ever they are)?

Westy :cool:

I originally said I would only spend £5k on one but then decided if I wanted a good one it would be nearer £8k and she said 'OK but no more than that!' but forgot to say that I would be spending another £3-5k getting it how I want  :t-up:

Started out as 'my' car for racing etc. but now it's 'ours' so I have to spend even more on it so it's more comfortable, she can reach the pedals, do up the harness OK etc. etc.. :D  :D

I wasn't allowed to buy one at all. I was allowed to go and look at one to see if I would fit in it as long as I didn't buy one before our Wedding (Feb 2002). I was told quite clearly that I couldn't buy it, and that we couldn't afford it, and if I bought it I would be in big trouble.

So, I erm... bought it. When I told her she said "As long as I can reach the pedals and we share it on trackdays". :D

Not the answer I was expecting!

She can't reach the pedals yet (I must try and think about getting round to that) but she has fallen in love with it, and has said on a number of occasions recently "why don't we go for a drive in the country"