SVA Requirements

smayo

When trying to get a new registration, what information needs to be supplied when the car is SVA'd?  Or does some of the required information have to be supplied when applying?

I also have a limited slip diff.  I think I have come across some references to this before, but would really like some advive.

Thanks in advance

(Almost there to driving heaven)

:durr:

At SVA, you dont need to supply any information as to getting your new reg.  The time the cookie crumbles is when you apply for your reg No through the DVLA.  You can only have "1" reconditioned part(and this needs a recipt to prove it's reconditioned to an 'as new' standard). It can be any part you like though its usually the engine eh? ALL other parts must be new, and it helps if you get a 'certificate of newness' for the kit, to prove all is new apart from your one reconditioned part.  You may or may not get an inspection from the DVLA upon registration application, so be careful not to 'stretch' the truth too much.If you need to know any more drop me an e-mail and i'll forward you the information you need.

Hope that helps.

Proby .

PS - good luck with SVA.

Don't you have to supply some proof of the age of the engine if you are trying to pass the emissions test for older cars? Or do the test computers have all the engine code prefixes/suffixes in them?

Everything else, ie max speed, max power engine revs etc are on the SVA application form. You will to make sure you enter the 'correct' figures:

a) for your tyre speed rating and

b) for your emissions test rpm, they will test the emissions at a certian percentage of your max power rpm (I think). Afraid I can't remember the percentage

You're right I've also heard of people needing to prove that they have a LSD as having one simplifies the brake testing.

Mike

Thanks for the advice.

I've got a full modular built Speedsport, so proving that all the parts are new, is I presume as simple as showing the receipt?

Still a little concerned about the limited slip diff though.

???

Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice.

I've got a full modular built Speedsport, so proving that all the parts are new, is I presume as simple as showing the receipt?

???

Thanks again.

If you've got your original receipt/invoice and it says you ordered an LSD then you should be ok I guess. (Or do LSDs come as std on SpeedSports now?) At the end of the day, if they don't believe you at the test, you just refuse to put your car on the rollers.  I wouldn't worry about it, I think most testers know Westfield builders are a pretty honest bunch  ;) .

I would ring Westfield as you'll need to know the numbers for the application form anyway, and they can give you a 'certificate of newness' for your registration.

Mike

No Problem!  Simply tell the tester up front, that the car is fitted with aq LSD and he should apply the correct braking tests.

:D

When I took my SpeedSport 1800 (with LSD) for the SVA tets, I had already got Westfield to write on the 'Certificate of Newness' the following:-

NOTE: LSD FITTED

This was happily accepted by the SVA tester so a 'Tapley Test' was carried out instead of a roller test for braking.

For a report on my SVA, visit:-

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/oakwood_data/sva_test.htm