I want to go racing

gary

Cool stuff - Starting to race seems pretty cheap then, overalls helmet, couple of mods - should be able to do it all for less than £500 - Oooohhh, i cant wait to get me a Westie.

cheers for all the answers.

Chris

Details of dates and rules will be in the mag when they are available, and I'm sure will get posted on here too.

I live in leafy West London, the nearest WSCC track day to us is Mallory, normally around July/August time.

Mr B.

Mallory Park?

Blimey, that's approx 141.6  numb :blush: miles from here.

Must be as far for you. You must have a trailer.... :cool:

Are there not any closer venues? I mean, I know there are, but does the WSCC possie not visit them ie. Lydden?

Mallory Park date was in the last mag - 19 July.

Forms etc will be available from Jan/Feb 2002 - not before cos its Christmas holiday time for all the WSCC volunteer committee.

Lydden = Nope. Too much £££££ wanted and no suitable dates to make it viable for the club. Same as Brands, Donington and Silverstone - But fear not the aforementioned companies provide track days at many of these.

:xmas:

Yeah I have a trailer, but Mallory in a Westfield is no big deal. My longest journeys are to Le Mans, (210 miles seperated by a 5.5 hour ferry ride) and Cornwall (257 miles door to door, and just over 3 hours.....)every bank holiday.....

I have the trailer so that a) I can sprint and hillclimb safe in the knowledge that if I (or Blatgirl) stuffs it, we can get it home, and b) er......well it's the same as a), except insert track days instead of sprint and hillclimb....... ;)

Young Blatters is not on his own - there's always loads of drivers turning up from far and wide to take part in track days and / or Speed Series events. There's a guy been competing for three years now driving to and from every event as far North as Knockhill and South to Wiscombe.

The drive down to Le Mans and back is brilliant the only drawback is the limited storeage for booze - hence I'll be using another vehicle instead for 2002 - with plenty of capacity  :p

Mark

I'll save you a space in Bleu Car Park ;)

Gary

I have Westfield "race" seats in the hillclimber, which used to be a road car, and saw service on the Le Mans and Cornwall runs without any cause for complaint. The green road car has some Westfield seats similar (ish) to the high back jobs that are popular. They are actually less comfortable than the race seats, but are still OK for the trips mentioned. What seats do you have?

Blatters - see you in Bleu - do I need to take Bar B Q or is that a silly question  :cool:

No seats  :arse:  ouch  :arse:

No need to bring one, I'll be off to the supernarche as soon as the tent is pitched to buy half a dozen or so disposables. ;)