Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Cleggy, I am really impressed. You have taken on quite a project, but you do seem to be getting right down to the detail. Should be brilliant when finished!

Cleggy, I am really impressed. You have taken on quite a project, but you do seem to be getting right down to the detail. Should be brilliant when finished!

that remains to be seen - it is defo not a money no object project, but it will be hopefully a smart looking and well put together kit -

makes you laugh when they get called replica's - rather than kits  :D

Yeah most evenings see an hour or two - I have not been threatened yet by Julie to take a sleeping bag in there - although I am sure I cant be far away from the first onslaught of verbal missiles  :D

When I was restoring my Porsche I was always in the garage,

The wife  reconed I was going through the menoporsche :D

lewis

menoporsche - I like that  :D

they are gonna be cut off the exhaust pipe m8 - well I think anyway?

will be in touch if they are going free

Can you do that, then?

I assumed you were replacing them with J-tubes...

no idea chap - I believe the pipe just runs through the heat exchanger and all the fins are attached to the outer part

when I start on the engine I shall find out more

If you have some spare J-tubes we could swap

another few hours in the garage sees the doors removed and yet more tinkering with the body which is not sitting correctly on the chassis or most likely the moulds were never right in the first place or it has twisted over time

Picked up a second hand steering column today and found that they don't actually have a spline within the column ???

I can only assume that the spline on the steering box is just there for extra grip ... mmm strange

SANY1396.jpg

the door hinges look like standard DIY jobs that you could get from Homebase - will have to find something better

SANY1395.jpg

the door handles are about the same

SANY1394.jpg

The plan tomorrow is to bring some pallets home from work for the rear and front body work sections to sit on -

then let the fun begin with the restoration of the chassis

with a bit of help from you guys and another forum I have a place that will chemically remove everything for about £320 - expensive but should be worth it and TBH I really dont fancy the s***ty job of doing it manually

the rest of the night has been spent spraying every not and bolt with WD40 to make dismantling hopefully that bit easier

Can you do that, then?

I assumed you were replacing them with J-tubes...

your m8 if you want em

can i have the battery cleggy if sams having the exhaust :devil:

can i have the battery cleggy if sams having the exhaust :devil:

hey chap - you could If I didn't want it  :p

you got a flat un then?

GIT  :D

At least it's a 12V