Weather Gear

MikeW

Fixing the hood to the windscreen of my Westfield is proving difficult in that I can't force the sealing strip on far enough in the centre to allow the locating / fixing screw to be of any use.

Any suggestions?

Mike

This could use a lot of eletricity but when fitting a tonneau they say that you should heat it up.  I put it into the sunshine (proably a bit hard at this time of year) and it softens / expands slightly so you get a tighter fit.  Should be the same with a roof.

Try putting heaters near it or maybe soak in hot water and then fit quickly.

Once its on hopefully it will stretch and allow an easier fit next time.

Hopefully this works ???

Dominic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my car last Winter, and first attempt at putting the hood up took 4 people and about three quarters of an hour.  On the next attempt I heated it up by holding it on a radiator for a few minutes before fitting (just work around the poppered bits holding them on in turn) and I can now fit it in about a minute on my own.  The problem you are having does sound a bit trickier.  I never had problems getting that bit no that a swift hit didn't solve.  Good luck!