New Reg and diffs

tomo

I'm in the early stages of a new build using almost all new parts including a BGH gearbox.  Engine will be recon so I'm thinking all I need is a new diff and I can go for a new registration.  Is this right?

If I do get a new diff are Westfield the best source ?  They seem to be cheaper than Ford.

Finally I've seen some postings that say the Westfiled rad is from a Polo 1.0L.  Is this right ?  I've found these at £39 + VAT.

Any help or tips much appreciated.

I think that you are right on all fronts

John

Polo rad is the one to get. I think it's from a Mk1 Polo.

Have a look for diffs in the back pages of Motorsport News. There could be some bargains to be had.

I don't think the BGH 'box will count as new, 'cos it ain't.......

• 2 weeks later...

yep polo 1 ltr rad right, there are 2 and you need the shorter one, part number 203440491. You will need to make up brackets though. You can use the plastic bosses on the rad with blind holes. tap them 6mm (i think) for mounting. makes a cool job, smaller, lighter, cheaper and more efficient  :D.