Hubs

Meganinja

If it is the rear it is 250 lbf ft thats very tight 4 foot bar 12 stone man on the end if it, if its the front fabricated ones its the same 250 lbf ft, if it is the Cortina type, its as per a wheel bearing by feel/skill in the build book I have there is a printing error for the torques for the hubs but the above is correct.

Paul :)

Paul,

I have a SpeedSport (IRS) and the build manual states 250lbf ft or 340Nm. I did not have the tool to carry out this much torque tightening so got the factory to do it when they set up the suspension. Your comment about the manual being wrong concerns me - does your comment apply to my type of hub?

Steve

Sorry my mistake I have the units wrong I work manly in NM The correct Torque is 250 lbf ft or 340 NM

The mistack is in the construction manual not the module book you have [i have both books]

the method is still the same 41mm socket and a big bar I used works Britol 3/4" drive torque wrench as these are expensive but to get on the road a long bar and very tight would do unlit you could get it reset at a garage lorry types probably the best.

Paul  just edited my above post thats usefull :)  :)  :)

Thats what I have done

Somewhere on the old site I thought I read about a torque figure and then half a turn back ?

Just trying to check what I had done was correct .

Regards

• 2 weeks later...