Cleggy the Spyder Man

What cars have you owned

Scotty72
4 hours ago, Howsafe Workwear and Safety Equipment said:

Thinking about an X5 45e - how you getting on with it?

Never had a BMW before but I'm quite impressed. Build quality is really good.

Changed from the Merc as the BIK was enormous and now pay half the amount of tax as what the merc cost.

The battery gives me around 30 miles of electric running from a full charge but I expect that to increase when the days get longer and warmer due to having the heated seat, heated steering wheel, Climate control and lights on for most of my journeys. Engine is a bit thirsty averaging 15mpg. Air suspension glides over bumps.

At the moment I cant fault it (only took delivery at beginning of December)

Howsafe Workwear and Safety Equipment
15 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

Never had a BMW before but I'm quite impressed. Build quality is really good.

Changed from the Merc as the BIK was enormous and now pay half the amount of tax as what the merc cost.

The battery gives me around 30 miles of electric running from a full charge but I expect that to increase when the days get longer and warmer due to having the heated seat, heated steering wheel, Climate control and lights on for most of my journeys. Engine is a bit thirsty averaging 15mpg. Air suspension glides over bumps.

At the moment I cant fault it (only took delivery at beginning of December)

good to know - and the BIK drops to 8% from April next year so you will be better off even more

Thanks

• Like 1

Captain Colonial
16 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

Engine is a bit thirsty averaging 15mpg.

Holy crap!  All city or are you driving uphill constantly?  That’s very thirsty!

Scotty72
1 hour ago, Captain Colonial said:

Holy crap!  All city or are you driving uphill constantly?  That’s very thirsty!

All city at the moment. I dont drive very conservatively and that's roughly the same mpg as the C43 AMG

Steve (sdh2903)

Shows how messed up the taxing system is that a big behemoth of a car gets a tax cut because its proven it 'can' drive on electric for over 30 miles. When In the real world it's a big 6 cylinder SUV doing 15mpg. The worlds gone mad.

• Like 2

Scotty72
1 minute ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Shows how messed up the taxing system is that a big behemoth of a car gets a tax cut because its proven it 'can' drive on electric for over 30 miles. When In the real world it's a big 6 cylinder SUV doing 15mpg. The worlds gone mad.

I agree, but whilst the government allow me to take advantage of that im gonna. I pay more than enough tax as it is so any opportunity to reduce it is more than welcome. 

• Like 1

Steve (sdh2903)

Oh I agree. I'm all for a legitimate tax dodge :d

I just dont agree with the whole green charade over any hybrids. None of which actually do what they say they will and are just as 'dirty' if not more so than some of their conventionally powered cousins.