1st ever westfield and loving it!!

allan s

Hi folks, ive jus bought my 1st westfield, a 1989 se powered by a ford 1700 x-flow on dellorto 40's ( music to my ears!) and just thought id introduce myself!

Hi m8 ...welcome aboard

Managed to change my avatar the now but will definitely get pics up later of my car. My 1st silly question would be , is it possible to get paint to match the red gel coat of my car? Reason being is because the nose cone is split but ive noticed a 2nd hand one for sale but would need painted.

yes...if you're lucky the factory will tell you the paint code. If not, this can still be achieved by mixing (go to your local paint factors)

Welcome, sounds like your enjoying yourself ???

Re colour matching, Red is a really bad colour to try and match as it fades more then most other colous so it might be better to go for contrast, maybe Black, you could just repair your existing nose and paint it ?

Could even do front arches the same!

Someone on here has a feature on there site where you can see how this would look, in fact Westfield may even have this feature on there site ???

Found it http://westfield-world.com/flash_changer.html

Black nose cone and arches looks the doggies do dahs.

Hi folks, ive jus bought my 1st westfield, a 1989 se powered by a ford 1700 x-flow on dellorto 40's ( music to my ears!) and just thought id introduce myself!

hi allan

i know what your saying about the sound :D  :D  of it, i'm 99%  sure that this was the first westfield that i owned  and it does sound really good and it goes very well for a cross-flow and it was really easy to work on.it's a great car to cut your teeth on.

Phoned the factory n the boy said because its a 20yr old car, they would have no details on file which is fair enough i suppose! He advised me to go to a local paint shop and c if they could match it so im off to dingbro to c if they can help for starters but if all else fails, black nose cone and arches 4 me! Ps if ur chassis has WSE in the middle of it, does that mean my car would be a widebody se?

Phoned the factory n the boy said because its a 20yr old car, they would have no details on file which is fair enough i suppose! He advised me to go to a local paint shop and c if they could match it so im off to dingbro to c if they can help for starters but if all else fails, black nose cone and arches 4 me! Ps if ur chassis has WSE in the middle of it, does that mean my car would be a widebody se?

if your car is q9++uwp this is a narrow body westy

They just about ALL have SE in the middle of the scuttle...

Easiest way to tell a narrow from a widebody is to look at the inside of the tub at the back of the 'door' opening where the driver/passenger's shoulder is, if the inside vertical surface is straight then it's a narrow, if there is a scooped out area about an inch deep then it's a widebody  ;)

Snap  :D  we'll have to compair notes thou mine needs some work, grin factors still there though  :laugh:

Mine's just got jets taken out of it last nite and blown thru, cleaned out float bowls and gave it a road test but still wasn't right so this morning i threw away the old champion spark plugs (canna stand champion plugs, never had any joy with them in the past) and fired in some new ngks. Cleaned out the distributor cap and rotor arm too but they have both been recently replaced and hey presto, loads better!

Welcome    :t-up:

Different colour nose & Front arches (Black) might be a good idea

as you've got more chance of spending the night with Kelly Brook than getting the Red to match well    :oops:    :suspect:    :devil:      :D