[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/alSVA Pass, BUT...

leomurray

Hi chaps,

I passed my SVA today on the Mazda SDV, but on the way to the retest a kind gentleman drove into the back of me at some traffic lights!!!

Below is a pretty pic of the car pre test, and a not so prettty pic post test.

Does anyone have any advice/ recommendations on where to get fibreglass bodywork done in the Bath/ Bristol area? or is it best to take the car to westfield and get them to sort it (hopefully on the other chaps insurance). The body has split in a fairly highly stressed area, so i'l not sure it'lll ever be the same again if repaired.

What do you think, repair or new tub?

P5022258.jpg

P5072272.jpg

P5072273.jpg

I would want a new tub :blush: and claim on his insurance. Looks like it's back to Westfield :(

Ditto what Matt posted but get a new tub  :devil:  :D  - a repair may well show cracks later  :(  :(

Leo congratulations on the pass, it's good to see another fellow Mazda SDV heading for the road and the car's looking good in the pic.

Gutted for you that it's damaged already, I don't know much about fibreglass repair but I'm sure they'll be an expert along soon.

if you are paying for it repair it, but if insurance is paying insist on a new tub  :(

defo new tub ... that would grate having that repaired and not being like new

Yeah, what everybody else has said. New tub, no questions.

Other driver has run into you. He is at fault. Get a claim going.

Similar happened to me. Damage was a five inch long crack on rear panel just below boot box. My insurance through Footman James. They arranged for the car to be collected by WF and ended up with whole new bodywork. Other driver's insurance paid. Only problem - car off road for 6 months.

Hope all works out.

get a new tub .do a deal and fit yourself. repair old one and fit new one later . over next winter . so you get to drive it over summer.

ouch....... new tub and nothing less...... cost approx £600 maybe more.... plus strip the car to fit..... deffo insurance and defoo Westfield to complete the repair to insurance standards.....

b****r....... brand new motor.....

Hi Leo, I am gutted for you! The pass is great news but what a bummer. HAs the guy admitted fault who ran into you and were there any witnesses? People are often okay when they are talking to you at the scene but alter their version whne they are telling the insurance company.

As others I would demand a new tub and get the chassis checked if it at all suspicious that there may be additional damage.

It will take Westfield sometime to make a tub and to fit it as they will be busy, you could probably do a deal with the insurance for a new tub and money for you to fit which may be quicker, or just use it for the summer and book it in with Westfield at the end of the season.

b****r :(

I would PUSH for a new tub as a repair will come a bite you on the  :arse: at a later date ???

Get a quote from the factory probably 2k ish ???

Then try and get the insurance to let you do it yourself :D  and spend the cash on some upgrades :D   :p Every cloud has a carbon fiber lining :D  :D

Dave

Leo - gutted for you too.

If you decide to get Westfield to repair it and you need a Westfield fix you are welcome to come for another blat with me. It was good to have some company last weekend on the way to Stoneleigh. Shame the combined weight of us was tearing up the tarmac with the chassis hoop on every compression!

If you do decide to fix it yourself then I am happy to give you a hand, and I expect many of the Bath and Bristol crew would be happy to help too. If they can build a Westfield in a weekend last year at Stoneleigh then I am sure we can replace a tub in similar time. It is one thing building a Westfield to pass its SVA (congratulations by the way!) and it is another thing rebuilding it before you have even had the chance to drive it properly. Keep us posted.

Cheers

Phil

b****y nightmare.

I may get round to fitting that high level brake light to the roll bar after seeing that!!