Bulk Buy: MSA Specification; Roll Bar Hoop

originalgeezer

Simon

Yes, it is a SEWi......listed in previous thread, so I will update this one to make clear.

He may well have forgotten, but I have mentioned preiovulsy about Narrow as a few narrow owners have asked, but with us both being very busy it has been difficult catching each other at the right time - today is the first time we have actually managed to speak for weeks by phone - but we are meeting tomorrow to go through everything then.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• originalgeezer

• pgh

• Plays-Kool

• Tim Reid

Hi

I could be interested in buying one of these roll bars which looks very good. However I wondered if the cross bracing is going to be an option as it is something I would like. Also, what adjustment is available on the legs going through the boot box as there is bound to be a lot of variation in the positioning of the lugs on the frame which is taken up by the rose joints on other roll bars.

Cheers

Hugh

Have you or the manufacturing company made contact with Westfield regarding setting up a formal supply chain?

Just thinking long term, it would make this design available for more people.

I am interested in buying one myself but having just bought a kitchen I am a bit busy to be fitting more new car bits (and the cash is a little tied up).

Would love to see some pictures of various people sat in it.

Hugh

The westfield chassis, is manufactured on a JIG and westfield are working to quality standards, therefore to have to rely on Rose Joints to take up the differences in chassis frames is or would be a worry if that is the case and purpose of fitting.

TimDave25

As in terms of approaching westfield, not at this time no......they have been approached previously I believe but no response, lack of interest in doing anything about replacing the RAC Type Bar at that time

To fit is a relatively quick and easy task.........

All

Just as a small update, the Supplier is looking into possibilty of producing a Boot Box/ lid Assembly to compliment the new Roll Bar Hoop also - I will keep you informed how this develops.

The Supplier is also looking to do a Full Cage also - which I understand there is a car booked in for this already, so will keep you all posted.

TimDave25

I would also re-confirm that various WSCC committee and members have spoken at great length to various WSC Ltd personel with regard to the MSA eligibility of their factory produced braced roll-bar for over two years.

Despite numerous discussions and requests to provide an MSA compliant roll-bar, the factory do not have an alternative available except for a full cage system.

It is the sole decision of WSC Ltd what components it supplies and associated warranty and costs.

Any chance of a pic of the car from the front and sides? Just thinking about looks... I know that is not what this is about but I have to get agreement from the wife!

Perhaps try and explain any additional safety benefits and option of keeping her natural beauty intact  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  :)  :)

All

Just an update:

The car has been returned this evening of which it is the first time i have seen the roll bar hoop in the flesh fitted and finished.

It looks far better than I expected to, the shape is far better than I have seen elsewhere, seeing it from all angles. To compare it to the RAC Westfield Offering it is far superior, looks and strength not to mention quality - welding is superb quality.

I have taken some photos but they wont do it justice at the moment as it is almost dark. When I return from the gym I will have a look through what pictures I did take and see if worth putting up.

Height wise, I think from a very quick look the Roll Bar Hoop it could go to 450MM and not look to out of place - though at 430MM it is substanially better than the RAC Westfield Bar and asthetically a great improvement.

If 450MM is what 10 people want, to cover for competition purposes, then 450MM you can have....the Jig can be modified to suit, so form a Line  :D

For the quality and far better safety offered - including the additional brace between the Rear Stays dont forget, at this price, it cant be beaten surely......! :p

The westfield chassis, is manufactured on a JIG and westfield are working to quality standards, therefore to have to rely on Rose Joints to take up the differences in chassis frames is or would be a worry if that is the case and purpose of fitting.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

You obviously don't own an 88 narrow bodied car :down:  :down:

Sorry me Ole Mucker, but no not a Narrow Car, as no way could I fit - i have tried one  :D

That said, if enough owners of Narrow Cars get together and want a Roll Bar Hoop, then it could well be looked at further.

Just have to step forward........

Hi

I could be interested in buying one of these roll bars which looks very good. However I wondered if the cross bracing is going to be an option as it is something I would like. Also, what adjustment is available on the legs going through the boot box as there is bound to be a lot of variation in the positioning of the lugs on the frame which is taken up by the rose joints on other roll bars.

Cheers

Hugh

Hi,

I asked this on previous thread, if its horizontally

bolted at bottom of back stays there is no adjustment

for any fab tolerance in cage or chassis, I was also

wondering about clearance against fuel tank and if

it would fit over a long range tank?

regards

marcus

Marcus

Fab tolerances answered to Hugh also - if the Chassis Frame has Fab tolerances that wide then their is a bigger problem I fear within the Manufacturing at westfield, as the Chassis Frames are built up on a JIG at westfield and thus they will have a +/- tolerance as will the Roll Bar Hoop - which is std practise.

Same would apply to a supplier of front suspension arms etc or anything else that is hung off the Chassis Frame.

Havent got a long range tank, so I couldnt say for sure - all I can do is measure from the bar down to the std tank, but there is a fair distance circa 150MM from the cross brace down to the std fuel tank

Havent got a long range tank, so I couldnt say for sure - all I can do is measure from the bar down to the std tank, but there is a fair distance circa 150MM from the cross brace down to the std fuel tank

Could you measure from the bar to the chassis at the point of the rear of the tank? This might be an easier way to gauage as us with long range tanks don't know the hight of a standard?

i understand from talking to phil that they had to make a four bolt mounting plate for the main hoop as yours did not have a plate there. My car has a three bolt plate already welded in which the old rac/msa bar bolted straight to.

they are now making another bar and i am going up there so we can fit it and they can get a pattern, also we can then see if it will fit on any other car easily. the front hoop fixing can be supplied then to bolt directly to any car let you know in a week or so.

good people reslly interested in giving the best product they can and getting it right first time