Race Technology DASH2 wiki

Frosty

Just to add into the conversation, I have bought a part build westfield busa and a race technology dash to fit, now I have the standard rear mounted speed sensor fitted and no oil pressure switch fitted. I have found a vdo pressure sensor in a box of spares, but not sure if it the correct one, does anyone have a part number for the standard fitment one, and also will I be able to use the rear mounted prox, or do I need to buy this front hub mounted prox that I have heard of? Surely there's an easier way than to add another cable to the front of the car and buy a new sensor?

Cheers,

Dean

• 5 months later...

Here's a puzzle thats manifested itself over christmas whilst trying to install an oil temp sensor

using a DL1 logger

1Kohm pull up resistor and the sensor wired into the DL1

Voltage across the analogue channel and earth = 4.2v, resistance across the sensor = 53Kohm = 15 degrees so all OK

However using the live monitor the DL1 has a value of 53volts!(strangely similar to the raw Kohm resistance value)

The Dash 2 when set up with a formula of 1 for 1 shows -7, and when the correct polynomial is included is sugests about 1200 degrees

Swapped the wiring to chanel 2 and chanel 2 shows the same incorrect value

Any ideas where it's gone wrong?

• 1 year later...

Is the 910ohm resistor fitted I parallel to earth or in series in the wire going to the sender also is a 1/4 watt resistor OK? Cheers

• 6 years later...

I am still trying to setup my gear selection indicator. But every time I put in the ratios for the MT75 and final

drive it never seems to work…

1 hour ago, Paul Aspden (MoFast) said:

I am still trying to setup my gear selection indicator. But every time I put in the ratios for the MT75 and final

drive it never seems to work…

send my your current config file and ratios (e-mail) and I'll take a look.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone know how to display battery voltage on the Dash 2?  I've assigned the variable Battery voltage (misc 3): "BAT"  on screen 2 and although the screen on the car shows the label BAT it just shows zero for a value. I've tested the channel with other variables and they show correctly.  There doesn't appear to be any setup required for battery voltage and the dash is of course grounded and has a 12v supply.  I'm clearly missing something though.  Any ideas?

@Howardis it a standard or pro?

Hi Ian, it's standard.

Sorry, I just can't help but think of the Armstrong and Miller RAF pilots when I say " Standard" 

What Variable have you got selected for the Battery voltage?

Have you checked all through the variables as there may be another one for Battery voltage.

26 minutes ago, Howard said:

Hi Ian, it's standard.

Sorry, I just can't help but think of the Armstrong and Miller RAF pilots when I say " Standard" 

You don't get battery voltage on a Dash2 standard unless you've got a RT Comms lead and you read it from the ECU, sorry. It can be displayed just from the unit on a Dash2 Pro. 

Probably, easier and cheaper to buy something like this- USB voltmeter.

Ah.  Thanks Ian.  It's not an issue, really, just would have been a nice to have.  Saw it on the V10 configuration software having reflashed the dash. It's an old one that I've just installed on my car.  Surprising it's not featured on the standard dash. I would have thought it was an easy function to include compared to everything else it's capable of.  Not to worry.   I do have the RT comms lead but chose not to use it (at this stage, anyway) as I felt I don't need all the extra data it would provide.  I have a DL1 but I've been keeping that separate.  I know you can connect them but I was trying to keep things simple for now.

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, Paul Aspden (MoFast) said:

Useful Google Sheet for calculating sensor voltages etc for RT dashboards - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-hQWk3NWSWYmIXSGGtWp22RD_EO4uJUz0hhSZ5ldMwM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing. I've had a similar spreadsheet before. Note the factory retro fit loom adapter comes with 910 Ohm pull ups fitted, for anyone using this spreadsheet.

Does this mean you've recently tweaked yours to work correctly now?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your posts in regards to Dash2 as I have read through most of them and they helped me get to where I am today with the Dash2 wiring and installation

The only problem that still remains is the fuel level, however I just really tried different values form users of this forum in order to attempt a correct value as at that time I could not really take the westie apart.

However as I know have disassembled the front and back of the westie I am keen on sorting all the kinks and problems. 

After looking for it on the forum I did not really find instructions on how to calibrate the fuel sender. Would i have to empty the tank and gradually fill it up (5l at each time per eg) and check ohm resistance or is there a better way?

Thanks! :)