Race Technology DASH2 wiki

Frosty

Thinking from what you posted  I had to go and have another play so I could sleep tonight.  I tried 0.5 nothing so changed back to 0-8 and put in 0.5 it was loads better but too fast so tried 1 and seems to be good will try it on the road tommorow to have a reference but seems to be right thanks for the help.

Laurence thanks for the phone call - I must remember black IS NOT ALWAYS NEGATIVE  :durr:

To explain to anyone else using the Westfield wheel speed sensor, the blue is negative and black is the signal  - I made a school boy error of applying logic instead of reading the instructions DOH.

I made a school boy error of applying logic instead of reading the instructions DOH.

Instructions pure luxuary that is!! i didnt get any instructions! :D

Also worth knowing any one who has  Cortina uprights CAN make a bracket to hold the sensor to pick up from the disk bolts on the front end. you dont need to mount the sensor under  the car or of the lobro joints.

I made a school boy error of applying logic instead of reading the instructions DOH.

Also worth knowing any one who has  Cortina uprights CAN make a bracket to hold the sensor to pick up from the disk bolts on the front end. you dont need to mount the sensor under  the car or of the lobro joints.

I drilled and tapped an m8x1 in the cortina upright.

I drilled and tapped an m8x1 in the cortina upright.

Exactly what I did too! :cool:

are the tank full and tank empty values you have used in your sheet arbitary as im getting -2 at about 1/2 full :0

O.k got a new set of issue's

1. driving along at lets say 3000 RPM revs suddenly spike at 6000 RPM and the lights flash up.

2. rev bar graph sometimes shows some of the bars dimly lit

3. the more you switch on the more the water temp climbs and the oil preasure drops (these readings go crazy if wippers are used)

4. with headlights on the battery light dimly lights up but only when the engine rpm exeeds 1200 RPM, at the same time with indicators on dim light starts to flash.

5. Alarms are constanly erratic high oil preasure is set at 5.9 yet it flashes up with the oil preasure at 4.8

has anyone else had these problems? I have to be hounest this is beggining to drive me nuts! I just want the thing to work.

O.k got a new set of issue's

1. driving along at lets say 3000 RPM revs suddenly spike at 6000 RPM and the lights flash up.

2. rev bar graph sometimes shows some of the bars dimly lit

3. the more you switch on the more the water temp climbs and the oil preasure drops (these readings go crazy if wippers are used)

4. with headlights on the battery light dimly lights up but only when the engine rpm exeeds 1200 RPM, at the same time with indicators on dim light starts to flash.

5. Alarms are constanly erratic high oil preasure is set at 5.9 yet it flashes up with the oil preasure at 4.8

has anyone else had these problems? I have to be hounest this is beggining to drive me nuts! I just want the thing to work.

As per my PM, you are experiencing similar issues to mine documented here from 1st June 2008.

http://www.megabusa-build.co.uk/diary.php?category_id=6

Have a read and you'll understand what's going on and how to fix it.

Just got my engine started last night, everything is miles out! apparently I have 7-8 bar of oil pressure, -2% fuel and the temp gage was 1 out at 11Deg but its nearly 10 out at 40.

Down load the VDO config file from the westfield website (under support) its not perfect but its better than what you have give this a go!

I would just like to let everyone know that with frosty's continued help I have discovered and hopefully solved the latest issue.

I was having problems with the sensor readings ie oil preasure water temp and fuel level, the more I loaded the system lights, fan wippers etc the readings would go crazy.

It transpires that the Dash2 benefits from having its own earth rather than using the Westfield loom's earth, do this and your problems should go away!

Oh and if the fuel still has problems do the same thing with the fuel level sensor take a earth straight to the chassis.

Hi James Mine isnt the Westfield bulk buy. I have wired an independant earth

Im going to use my ECU link to my laptop Set the Dash2 to 1:1 so it shows voltage and map the ECU temp sensor values against the voltage shown on the Dash 2 and go from there.

Fo oil I suspect my pressure sensor whilst is VDO isnt the one in the excel file, at 0 it shows 7.5Ohms!

For fuel I'm going to just have to wait till I fill it up and get a max reading, carry a galllon of fuel around with me and wait till it runs out for the min value!

I will post my results when i find them and it may help people with cars using 1994 vintage sensors.