WSCC Mallory Park

Mark Stanton

Roll up, roll up.

This is surely the ultimate value for money trackday at just £103 per driver (WSCC Member) ................... just ask anyone that has been to this event previously - loads of tracktime, warm dry sunny weather, a detailed drivers briefing, superb paddock atmosphere and loads of help from fellow drivers and a bollocking for anyone that acts like a pratt on track  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

You won't find anyone else offering a Mallory Park Trackday at this price - get your entry in quick.

Noise - unlike many other circuits there has never been one Westfield thrown off track because of noise problems - standard exhaust systems are fine and Mallory Park has friendly neighbours and locals.

All drivers and passengers must sign on.

Sign up - groups available for all from trackday novice through to the very experienced.

go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,  :D  :D  :D  ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• stephenh

• dhutch

• Hammy

Went to the last one and it was very well organised - a good day and great value  :t-up:  plus an opportunity to put faces to forum names. :D

should i be concerned???

About what, its up to you if you want to wreck it ??? 20 on the track at Mallory is a low number, it can take 28 / 30 ;)  ;)

Its a trackday not a race - tuition and advice is available - mostly, if not all WSCC members that show respect.

If anyone does step out of line - they sure get to know about it  ;)  ;)  ;)

Novice group is aimed at first time on track drivers - you go at your own speed that you feel comfortable with  :)

Not saying accidents don't happen cos they do  ;)  ;)  :( but certainly no more than any other trackday or on the public road  ;)  :)

This is a track day and not a race most people give you lots of room and there is only overtaking on the straights. All is watched by the marshalsand as mark said people are told off if they step out of line.  

We were allowed to overtake on corners last year, if it was safe to do so, ie round the outside of Gerrards and on the inside of the Devil's elbow.

Very worth while event , getting my pennies  sorted... Determined to be there.

** got my ticket -will try to be firing on all four this year **

If anyone cannot understand the entry form and has a specific question please PM or email chairman@wscc.co.uk

This topic will be regularly pruned to keep on topic  :D  :p  :D

I was there last year and it was a fantastic day.  It was my first track day and I didn't feel intimidated at all.  Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and it was a very well run day.  I'll be there this year for sure. :)  :)

• 1 month later...
suspect it will be fun!

I'd lay odds you'll have fun. Always been very well run (by volunteers), t****r-drivers are rare, but when identified, dealt with quickly and effectively.

A brilliant day, for beginners and veterans alike.

Am I allowed to come and play, not got the westie any more, still a member but have a VX220 or are we just considered as moving chicanes? Let me know Mark as would be interested in joining in again as last year was fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Spaces available - get your forms and cheques sent in  ;)  :D  :D  :D if any WSCC member wants to send in a post dated cheque then fine - please make it paybale for 18 July  ;)  :)

Mark on the entry forms it states.. ""Saloons" are not allowed, only Westfields or similar sports / fibreglass bodied cars." - Am I correct in asking if the VX220 is classed in the "similar sports / fibreglass bodied cars" section? If so then I will be coming to join you all! :)

Its open top [tick], its fibreglass [tick], its a sportcar [tick], you're a WSCC member [tick]  :D  :D  :D  :D

Does that help  :D  :D

• 2 weeks later...
Spaces still available .......... send em in NOW  :D

I have 2 questions....   :durr:

1. are there different track layouts at mallory? if so which are we going to be using?

(i was just looking at THIS and it looks like an oval with a hairpin stuck on unless we are using the kinks too!?  :D

2. Is there anywhere to stay(hotel or B&B) nearby with secure, preferably covered parking for trailer??

thanks

Dave.

The two kinks "Edwina's" and Bus stop are only used for bikes  ;)  ;) - tis a little bit more testing than an oval with a hair-pin stuck on  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Free camping is available on site - if you wish to stay in a B&B / hotel try a google - how secure they are ??? you could always leave your car and trailer on the camping area amongst fellow club members for safe keeping  :)