2.0 zetec

westfieldbhh

He's also  an excellent cartwheeler :p  :p  :p  :0  :0

And last weekend i was cartwheeling dressed as Buzz lightyear. Which was new for me as well.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• westfieldbhh

• carpetstu

• markcoopers

• PeP

I think £1800 Min allowance if you keep own carbs and source mega jolt. may come down if you can sell old engine for good price.

If 45's required and OMEX ecu required (mappable) then £2000 to £2500.

You may get some bargains as people up gradin to throttle bodies could provide alot of the parts in one go.

But dont think you can do it for £1000,

Brackets for engine, exhaust manifold and inlet manifold and sump alone could cost you new in excess of £700 and these are hard to find second hand as often reused on throttle body upgrades.

Carbs and ECU ? Second hand £400 to £800 depending on age and condition. Mine were at the expensive end of the range but were newish low milage, had been used on a 2.0 litre zetec and included a full wiring loom.

Will let you Know if its worth it by the end of next month if all goes according to plan.

:D

I was going to make the engine mounts, the sump modification and the manifold myself. so that should save me money.

Could do with detailed pictures of the sump and the engine mounts if that's possible.

I was going to make the engine mounts, the sump modification and the manifold myself. so that should save me money.

Could do with detailed pictures of the sump and the engine mounts if that's possible.

Depending on the mounts you already have will mean this is easy to copy or not, so there are a few different versions.

Mine are the Westfield Zetec (silver top series 1 and 2) mounts to engine, and then two pedistall mounts on the chassis with Landrover rubbers between. Others have modified the X flow mounts/made own.

Bike throttle bodies I should imagine.

I am thinking along those lines myself as I've got R1 carbs at the moment with a lovely Bogg Bros stainless manifold I'm hoping that R1 throttle bodies would bolt straight on.

cheapest way of putting throttle bodies on a zetec. any ideas guys.

You might find something of interest here...I can't vouch for it though as I wrote it...

clicky

Marks nowledge is renowned on here ;)  :D

its his mechanical skills you need to worry about  :devil:  :love:

Yup.

Marks also an expert on wheels  :t-up:

especially those of the cart variety   :p