2.0 zetec

westfieldbhh

Hey people

Why do i have to use a 1.8 zetec flywheel on my 2.0 silver top zetec that i am conecting to my type 9 box

i hope that makes sense please help me

cheers

paul

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• westfieldbhh

• carpetstu

• markcoopers

• PeP

You don't!

Mine is installed with the 2.0l clutch and fly wheel and works fine!

Edit to add - mine is a black top but I am sure that makes no difference!

1.8 Flywheel is Lighter than the 2 litre

Evening Stu     :t-up:

Evening Perksy.

Not sure if its valid but with the 1.8 I was concerned about the torque off the 2.0l engine putting extra wear on the smaller clutch.

The only reason for my concern is, I wasn't bothered about the couple of Lb difference if it meant the clutch would last a few extra miles on the standard one.

Hi deller

i have a 1600 xflow in the car at the mo and i have been given a 2.0 mondeo for £50. I have had the car for 2 years and have never had the xflow running quite right. so i am thinking 2.0 zetec standard injection cheap and reliable hopefully.

and thanx guys for all for your help cheers

paul

Hi deller

i have a 1600 xflow in the car at the mo and i have been given a 2.0 mondeo for £50. I have had the car for 2 years and have never had the xflow running quite right. so i am thinking 2.0 zetec standard injection cheap and reliable hopefully.

and thanx guys for all for your help cheers

paul

Standard injection? Nooooooooooooo.

Get a pair of "45s on,worth it for the sound alone  :D

I know what your saying but i have a pair of weber 40s on the xflow and they are a pain in the A***. they sound grate they are old, and new ones are expensive.

Paul, the standard injection set up can be made to work, but the install i think is a bit tight with steering and chassis. I think this was the original "madness kit" set up, so hopefully one or two will be along in a mo to tell you where the trouble and fixes are.

1.8flywheel is lighter, clutch size is not an issue in the slightest, the cars are so much ligher than mondeos/fords. You will however need a 1.8 waterpump, as the 2.0L silver top ones spin the other way. You might also need a differet altenator mount and belt to drive it as the altenator on the westfield install sits slightly different and is driven by a Triangle belt arangment and not the 2.0l serpentine belt arangment.

If the engine is an Automatic, make sure you fit a manual crank position sensor.

If the 2.0l is going into a narrow chassis, I would say that a 1.8l oil pump is a jolly good idea, as the steering columb can now be cleared with a renault 4 oil filter....if you need a part number for this i do have a few.....long story.

Sump wise, i would suggest a shortend sump and pick up pipe, the standard set up is so low to be unpractical. All useual outlets sell them, all are fine i believe.

Some say you need a water rail to move the thermostat housing.......I' never had, but i'm on the end of a Ford Type 9/E. The Mt75 boys have more clearence issues to worry about.

Good luck.

Marks nowledge is renowned on here ;)  :D

its his mechanical skills you need to worry about  :devil:  :love: