Fallen in love with another car!!

sport 2000 Dan

Yep very impressive engineering, and you dont get wet or cold :)

How's things?

I don't like it. It seems to have little to do with the 7 ethos.

Eh? very light, very powerful 200 - 400 bhp, fair enough its not cheap but then niether is a caterham or a westfield these days, good engineering,

not quite sure what isn't with the 7 ethos compared to the competition??

It's a hardtop, it has sat nav, it has many "driver aids" and, search the web site, I can't find the weight.

It looks a bit like an ugly 7 but that's as far as it goes.

The 7 ethos is "build lightness in". Look at a series 1 Lotus 7 and you'll see what it means. No fuel gauge for example. A simple bench seat, Minimilist gauges, in fact minimilist everything. If it didn't do anything for the performance it wasn't fitted in the first place.

Yep fair enough, the guy on the stand said 450kg due to LOT's being carbon fibre and to be fair the car and chassis they had their would confirm this, it even had the corrigated aluminium pannels used for EURO crash testing as the side pannels of the car.

But, i do see your point

Yep fair enough, the guy on the stand said 450kg due to LOT's being carbon fibre and to be fair the car and chassis they had their would confirm this, it even had the corrigated aluminium pannels used for EURO crash testing as the side pannels of the car.

But, i do see your point

Not the weight the guy said to me...

...And that chassis will be heavier than you think.

It's like the old "lightweight t45" debarcle...

A wheelie bin on big wheels and rip the design off  of erm can't remember the company's name now originally designed on a Westy chassis by a couple of work shy soap dodging students from Huddersfield.

Buzz

It's the headlights that kill it for me... but I quite like its rear end  :cool:

I'm far from convinced that its sub 500kg - that Xbow thing is 750kg  :0  :0  :0

Rory's Dad

Check out the tech specs on the website - Kerb weight of 699KG or 740kg depending on spec. It's got either 270 bhp (Sport)  or 402 bhp (Supersport) , with 0-100k in 3.7s and 2.8s respectively.

Both are limited to 250 km/h (156 MPH).

I can certainly see the appeal.

DC

Check out the tech specs on the website - Kerb weight of 699KG or 740kg depending on spec. It's got either 270 bhp (Sport)  or 402 bhp (Supersport) , with 0-100k in 3.7s and 2.8s respectively.

Both are limited to 250 km/h (156 MPH).

I can certainly see the appeal.

DC

So it's a heavy car with a powerful engine and it's ugly enough to make a baby cry...

Not to mention some very "interestingly" designed brakes...

Do not like.

It may be fast, it may be "interesting", it may (no, IS) expensive.

But in the 7 ethos? NO

I also doubt those weights are real kerb weights. Bit like Caterhams 480 kgs for the R500, No one I know who has an R500 can get the weight under 495 kgs (Still b****y good but it doesn't give 500 bhp per tonne)