• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• studbuckle

• Buzz Billsberry

• carpetstu

• scooby

did everybody manage to get to berwick

No, There were a few, like Buzz and John Simpson who limped their cars home before causing more damage and a few others who needed to get back early on the Sunday.

I think we still managed to get 18 cars at Berwick between 3 and 4:30 which, given the weather in Scotland, was quite pleasing.

Yes, top marks to the organising team.

Despite missing the start by turning left too soon and ending up in Edale  :blush: ,  Sue and I enjoyed ourselves and the company.  After an overnight stop at the Bridge Hotel in Wetherby on Sunday and a leisurely drive home, we arrived in sunny (it says here) Newport at 16:30.  About 1000 miles in all, or about £170 in go juice.

Yesterday morning I got pigeonholed by a girl who runs a performance driving school, and arranges trips to the Nurburgring (she had been at Elvington on the Sunday IIRC).  I will edit this to add her name and web page details when I get home tonight.

As ther have been so many posts since the original promise and this post, I have copied it.  The lady who collared me at the Bridge Hotel is one Carolyn Barker, her website is Driver Development Programme, and she uses the Prodrive test facility at Warwick, Castle Combe and the Nurburgring for driver training.

She also offers female instructors for girlies who relate better to same sex instructors, and some of her pupils are doing very well driving burger vans in competition apparently.

Just show we were actually there, as we missed the team photo at the start, here are a couple of pix to show the sun shines on the righteous (well at least some of the time).

The car park at Scotch Corner on the Sunday Morning

13616.jpeg

Sue getting a cuddle from the piper on her first visit to Scotland. :D

13617.jpeg

Just before this, driving along the road near Hadrian's Wall we passed a squadron of TR4s and 5s heading the other way. :love:  :love:  

Just as we got over the border, the heavens opened. :arse:

did everybody manage to get to berwick

No, There were a few, like Buzz and John Simpson who limped their cars home before causing more damage and a few others who needed to get back early on the Sunday.

I think we still managed to get 18 cars at Berwick between 3 and 4:30 which, given the weather in Scotland, was quite pleasing.

hhmmm..... 4.30.....we were last then :bangshead:  :bangshead:

got back to leeds at 8.30pm

and my grundies were still wet

thanks to the lovelly scottish weather  :laugh:

• 5 weeks later...
sorry for the late message ,computer t##s up for a while, had a fantastic time,thanks to all involved,GREAT TEAM EFFORT what next????,   ps anyone got a spare roadbook for my AO,