1st service

galois

Just about to service my new toy ... It has done around 8,000 v intermittent miles. What should I be doing? Changing the oil? Checking spark plugs? How does one go about doing this?

Cheers!

If you've got toask, then go to a garage this time, buy a Haynes manual for your type of engine, read it in time for the cars next service and speak to the guys in your local area. My 2p worth.

Mr C  :blush:  :blush:

When you change your oil always change your filter  ;)  ;)  :) tis "pennies"  :D

Just about to service my new toy ... It has done around 8,000 v intermittent miles. What should I be doing? Changing the oil? Checking spark plugs? How does one go about doing this?

Cheers!

Changing Oil:

Warm up engine by driving to get new oil and filter.

Raise car on ramps / jack etc

Undo sump nut and catch oil in container.

Take off Filter and replace with new one (remembering to smear a bit of new oil around O ring first

Refill with new oil

Happy days  :t-up:

Check Spark Plugs:

Quite cheap really so may as well replace.

Take out old plug

Refit net plug

Do one at a time so that you don't mess up firing order

Jobs a good'n

Check other levels inc coolant and brake fluid and nuts that Asterix mentioned  :t-up:

Cheers!

The age of the car might affect what needs to be done. Is it new? If the mileage is very intermittent, then 8000 miles would take quite a few people a good few years to cover, so it might be worth checking other stuff such as greasing the propshaft, changing brake fluid etc. which can get a bit more involved.

10 years old. Due to general paranoia I was going to check all moving parts were lubricated.

Will a FAQ search help with gearbox and diff oil, brake fluid, etc?