1987 built westfield wheres the VIN

smity

Ok im trying to locate the VIN number on my 1987 westfield could someone guide me too it?

Also how many digits is it?

thanks

pics would be great i cant see it anywhere

Have you looked on the top surface of the chassis member just in front of the crankshaft pulley?

That's where my chassis number is . . .it's nothing like the format of a long VIN just a serial no.

David

'88 prelit - mine's on a plate, drivers side rail next to the pedal box  :D

I've never seen it stamped into a rail elsewhere on my car so if someone took that plate off i'd be scuppered!

MY '89 chassis has two, one under the front pulley, one under the gearbox on one of the small tunnel cross rails. Not easy to see, even in daylight...

On a chassis your age you are looking something like ADA (fabricators initials) 87 (Year) WSE (Westfield SEven)) 342 (number of chassis that year)

So potentially something like ADA87WSE001.

From what I understand in the early years the numbering were a bit hit and miss so you may even have something a bit different from the above.

Chaz.

My '88 has both a chassis number (stamped into the bottom chassis rail in front of the engine) AND a VIN plate on the scuttle...which has a completely different number on it...