2.0l & 1.8l headgasket set

RobC

is there any difference...???

been sent a 1.8l one off ebay and the chap has resent me the same gaskets...? anyone shed any light..

Ta

Rob

what engine is it for ?

pinto or zetec ? I think zetec ones are different

is there any part numbers ?

does it look like the old one the difference will be in the size of the bore if there is a difference i would imagine

have you looked online to see if the same one is listed for both ?

Nick

its a zetec, yeah...

only part number I can find is CAM15-596 and seems dans-la-internet has no answers... although the number something to do with mouse protein...???

still searching...

Hi Rob,

The Burton catalogue, which is a font of knowledge, lists different part numbers for the two gasket sets, and the 2 litre is a couple of quid more.  The 2 litre is a bigger bore by around 5mm although I truly don't know what the difference between the 2 gasket sets is.

Personally, for something that's as big a pain to change, and can do so much harm if it goes wrong I would tend to pay for the right bit from a reputable source and save ebay for the peripherals.

Cheers,

Ian