saab powered westfield

j30fos

I should be ok, I have a pic from patrik who has chopped his, so thats what I'll try first, at least the centre of gravity is low lol

sorry Glen forgot to reply to when its finsihed, Im really hoping April ish ;-)

That looks fantastic  :t-up:

What are planning to do with it and when you do can you take some video?  :D  :D

John, is that a standard Polo rad? If it is, change to something with higher capacity. Andreas is using the V8 rad from Radtec and has no overheating problems on the track. I´m using the smaller Radtec that replaces the Polo unit (twice the thicknes) Mine works fine on the road but havent tryed to hard on the track yet.  I´m planing to use the standard polo rad for the charge cooler ;)

Hi Patrik, this is the golf rad, Im planning on seeing how it goes if its not upto the job, I'll get one made :)

polo ras as charge cooler rad :)  where you gonna put it :)

Hi john, my mail is still off :angry:  The Polo rad from my first Zetec will go in front of the Radtec rad. Andreas is working on the Saab build site, so pictures are coming soon :)

• 9 years later...

I know this is an old post but what engine management did this guy use? I have a 919 megablade and looking to swap out for a more conventional set up. Looks like a type 9 box as well? Really interested in the out come of this

Blimey. Nearly 10 years of a thread ressurection, is probably a record !! I would even say that technology has moved on loads for EM stuff. See Emerald etc for ecu and information to start you off.

John was a regular at our Manchester meetings back then and did have the Saab conversion finished and running, I'm sorry I have no info on what management system he used, he had lots of contact with some Scandinavian self builders, he disappeared off the scene  many years ago.