Best N/A eninge is.....?

The Seer

As stated in my previous thread I've decided to opt for a CEC with an N/A engine. Circa 210-220 h.p.

I'm thinking along the lines of an XE powered car.

Though is this the better engine to choose out of the other N/A engines available?

Wondered what you N/A Westfield owners are using and how does reliability/servcing/performance fair with your application?

All thoughts and opinions apreciated. :)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• stu999

Right popcorn's on, pizza's on speed dial for later, and the beers chilling. Hunkers down in comfy chair and waits for it all to kick off.  :xmas:

Pour me a cold one Dave - i'll grab the pringles  :D  :D

Ok, I'll start the ball rolling.

Is it a bird, is it a plane, nope it's a Superengine (aka Vauxhall XE). They are the bestest engine for a Westfield without a doubt

I can say that out load coz I've got my flameproof suit on :p:D

Tiggs

I'm thinking along the lines of an XE powered car.

Though is this the better engine to choose out of the other N/A engines available?

Yes    ;)

Nothing else comes close...

All engines can produce good power, some people swear by XE engines (I do because I have one), Zetec engines are tunable and the latest Duratec can pump out 300bhp with some money chucked at it.

Best go see a few, on your budget you may squeeze into Duratec territory, although I doubt it.

Might as well go XE powered :devil:

I just may be biased.

Cosworth YB n/a.

93- 94mm bore gives massive valve area.

Nice short stroke giving lots of revs.

2.4 gives massive torque.

May be a bit heavy but no more than a VX.

It just needs some modern cams and pistons from someone prepared to give it time and effort.

If you want to follow the herd it has to be a duratec.

Maybe you are into S and M , then the S2000 engine, 240 bhp 9000 rpm straight out of the box.

On standard manifold or throttle bodies it makes very little difference

Regards.

XE is getting dated now ;)

Duratec is the way forward to get a modern engine with 180hp on throttle bodies from a stock engine. and the weight you save will see you going past that XE boys anyway.

you know it makes sense

:):):)

Ah Ians arrived,  :D I'll just pop another slab of Stella in the fridge, mmmm Pringles.  :D

XE is getting dated now ;)

Duratec is the way forward to get a modern engine with 180hp on throttle bodies from a stock engine. and the weight you save will see you going past that XE boys anyway.

you know it makes sense

:):):)

Think 'The seer' is looking to buy secondhand   ???

So, Problem is unless 'The Seer' has a decent sized Budget He ain't going to be able to stretch to a Durabang engined car

Leaving Him no option but to buy a Westy with an 'old' engine that has Won countless Race's, Sprint's & Rally's around the country    :cool:      :devil:

XE is great but Duratec is better :laugh: