Best N/A eninge is.....?

The Seer

No point in hanging a type 9, even a heavy duty one, off an engine that revs to 10K...

£1000 every year for a new BGH would be worth it for that kind of oomph though...  :p

Or the £25k conversion turns into £30k with a nice straight cut sequential........ it's only money after all....  :oops:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• stu999

Back to the Rover KV6 comment - lad up here runs one in  a sprint Dax, awesome    It looks menacing even at idle with lots of belts and pulleys rotating and big air horns sticking out of the individual throttle bodies.  It's solidly mounted and connected to an eye-wateringly expensive Drenth sequential box (ex touring car)  .  I believe his tuned version is chucking out way over 300bhp, but it keeps chewing up main bearings.  His fall-back engine is a standard spec KV6 which only musters around 220bhp, but it still seems to leave everyone else behind.

Anyone know a good source of engine vs.weight vs. output data to compare Ford 2.5 V6 vs. Rover 2.5 KV6 vs. Vauxhall 3.0 V6?

(plus any tips on doing the "quote" whatsit?)

As mentioned earlier, massive bhp isn't required to put a smile on anyones face. Why has nobody mentioned  VW 1.9 tdi with 130bhp std. probably 160 chipped. and more torque than you'd know what to do with.  Where are all those pigeons, I've got the cat !

Mike.

vomit-smiley-020.gif I a Westfield? 7.gif

As mentioned earlier, massive bhp isn't required to put a smile on anyones face. Why has nobody mentioned  VW 1.9 tdi with 130bhp std. probably 160 chipped. and more torque than you'd know what to do with.  Where are all those pigeons, I've got the cat !

Mike.

vomit-smiley-020.gif I a Westfield? 7.gif

I'd tend to agree Matt.....................

But maybe they said the same thing about the Le Mans Audi....  :oops:

I dont care how fast it was with a TD lump in it it will sound crap. :D Any way refueling is not an issue at sprints like it is at Le Mans

All the VW TDi engines are quite tall so they'll probably stick up through the bonnet a bit as well as sounding like a....

taxi !! :p  :laugh:

These modern turbo diesal engines would be rubbish in a lightweight car like a westy.

I've got a 170BHP Golf GT and the torque is huge but comes in very suddenly and peaks at 1900rpm and is all over by 3500rpm accompanied by lots of wheelspin.

In a westy you would be constantly trying to stop it swapping ends and getting very frustrated with the power delivery.

Much better to have something with a broad spread of power that's more easily applied imho.  ;)

Always liked the way a four pot 16 valve petrol engine delivers its power. Great for a light car, power comes in higher up the rev range so much more manageable in a Westfield. ;)