2 Questions: Fuel Tank sender and Throttle cable

AZ Paul

I'm about 30% through on a modular build of a 1800 Zetec speedsport, and trying to finish it here in Arizona { no winter season  :) }

Two basic newbie type questions:

1) When attaching the plugs from the standard westfield loom to the westfield petrol tank sender (the tank with an external pump), which way around do the cables go ? (Green/Black and Black). Which cable is nearest the rear of the car ? I didn't find the answer to this when searching through the excellent information that is already on this site.

2) It's not clear from the build manual how (or exactly where) to attach the throttle cable to. I have a Jenvey fuel injection, and the end of the throttle cable has a simple square to the inner cable.

fuel%20injection.jpg

Thanks

Paul

Welcome Paul :t-up:

1) I dont know the answer, but can apply some logic. The sender is usually only a variable resistor, and so usually has an earth and a signal back to the gauge. The black is earth, which will go to the sender body (if that is obvious). Otherwise a mulitmeter set on continuity should find the correct terminal. The other, by default is the green/black wire...

2) You are missing some throttle linkage, and/or inginuity. Did you get the TB kit from Westfield as part of a kit? If so, I would imagine you have some bits missing (although I may stand corrected). If you have sourced them yourself, then Jenvey make a nice throttle linkage kit, or you can simply fabricate a simple system yourself - a bit like this... :t-up:

HTH Stu :t-up: