16" oz wheels

seamybaby55

i have been offered a set of oz wheels for my westfield megablade

they are 7x16 with a 42mm offset,

they come with a 15mm spacer kit and longer bolts to suit..........

so that would make them 27 offset....

they have 195/45/16 toyos fitted to them....

would these fit my westy??

thanks in advance guys.... :)

They might well fit , but I wouldnt want to put them on my Wessy , I think 16's are a bit to big and heavy and would prolly ruin the handling .

Hello

I have TSW Catalunya 16 inch rims with 205/16/40 avons on the front and 215/16/40 on the back. They are all 7 inch wide, ET on the front is 38, on the back 15. On the back it is just limit to stay inside the wings so I think with your spacer you get a perfect configuration.

And I am very happy with the handling of the car, of course you get a hard setup, but who needs a soft ride in a Westfield, for that reason you better buy an american car.

They might well fit , but I wouldnt want to put them on my Wessy , I think 16's are a bit to big and heavy and would prolly ruin the handling .

What a load of dangler... ok they might be a little heavy but for the handling of the car it will be minimal change, unless of course you are competing for the world championship in the speed series where everything counts!!!

If your just using for the road then 16" will be fine, because if you’re gonna be driving on the road as you would in competition then you really shouldn’t be a loud a driving licence. The only immediate difference is that you'll be paying more for the your replacement tyres, as for the off sets I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone will be along to say weather they'll fit or not ...I just can't remember what mine are.

Buzz

What a load of dangler... ok they might be a little heavy but for the handling of the car it will be minimal change, unless of course you are competing for the world championship in the speed series where everything counts!!!

If your just using for the road then 16" will be fine, because if you’re gonna be driving on the road as you would in competition then you really shouldn’t be a loud a driving licence. The only immediate difference is that you'll be paying more for the your replacement tyres, as for the off sets I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone will be along to say weather they'll fit or not ...I just can't remember what mine are.

Buzz

not really, i had 16" rims on my first road going westy with indy suspension and 205 45's all round. every time i drove it down my favourite b road it felt really unconnected to the surface and very skittish.

at the time i didn't know any better but when I swapped them for 13" rims and 185/60 profile rubber the car was transformed totally. it just felt much more planted and more predicatable and i enjoyed driving it sooo much more.

having said that, if you only drive in town then 16's upwards will be fine.  :D

Pays yer money.....

13's over 16's every time for me - too many good reasons. ;)

Weight wise tho a set of 16" image split rims probably weigh as much as your average 13" wheel and half as much as your average 16".

Pays yer money.....

13's over 16's every time for me - too many good reasons. ;)

Weight wise tho a set of 16" image split rims probably weigh as much as your average 13" wheel and half as much as your average 16".

Absolutely. Gotta agree with the fact that on a correctly set up car, there is nowt wrong with 16's (especially if they are extremely lightweight Image rims!).

But there again, it could be sooo much better too ;) IMHO fit the smallest that will get the job done - and benefit in so many ways besides :t-up:

Take no noticeof Buzz , hes'e in the business of selling tyres , obviously he would like the whole 7 world to drive on tractor tyres cos he gets a fatter payslip  :p

And I know which size I prefare  :arse:

so there  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

My 16" OZ supper leggeras with 195/45/16 are lighter than the 13" Revolutions I took off…. Although the mass is a bit further out I very much doubt I would be able to tell the difference especially on the road, a couple of PSI in the tires made much more of a noticeable change.

been offered another set now with 205/45/16s and a 35mm offset.....with no spacers

so these would also fit then i guess?

thanks for the comments guys....

My 16" OZ supper leggeras with 195/45/16 are lighter than the 13" Revolutions I took off…

Not really comparing apples with apples though. Revo's are a tough, heavy rally wheel. Superleggerras aren't...

Here's a few sample weights of wheels only.

13” x 6 Super Lite Classic –  5.6kg

13” x 6 Super Lite Billet – 3.74kg

13” x 6 Magnesium Minilite - 4kg

13” x 6 Compomotive CXR -  4.5kg

15 X 7 Super Lite Classic – 8.56kg

15 X 7 Super Lite Billet – 6.25kg

15 X 7 Compomotive CXR – 6.7kg

16 X 7 Super Lite Ultralite – 8.5kg

If you currently run a standard 16" rim you can expect it to weigh circa 10.5Kg's

Compare that to a 13" CXR at 4.5 Kg's that's a difference of 6Kg per wheel or a total of 24Kg and all unsprung, rotating mass.

Then add in tyre weight and I'm guessing here but a 185/60 AO48 probably saves at least 2Kg over a 16" 205/45 Pirelli/Michelin etc so a total unsprung, rotating mass saving of over 30Kg's.

My 16" OZ supper leggeras with 195/45/16 are lighter than the 13" Revolutions I took off…

Not really comparing apples with apples though. Revo's are a tough, heavy rally wheel. Superleggerras aren't...

True, but my intention was to point out that the 13" wheels are lighter than 15" or 16" argument is not always the case. Don’t get me wrong I’m a firm believer in lighter is better especially when it come to rotating unsprung mass...  :)

Here's a few sample weights of wheels only.

13” x 6 Super Lite Classic –  5.6kg

13” x 6 Super Lite Billet – 3.74kg

13” x 6 Magnesium Minilite - 4kg

13” x 6 Compomotive CXR -  4.5kg

15 X 7 Super Lite Classic – 8.56kg

15 X 7 Super Lite Billet – 6.25kg

15 X 7 Compomotive CXR – 6.7kg

16 X 7 Super Lite Ultralite – 8.5kg

If you currently run a standard 16" rim you can expect it to weigh circa 10.5Kg's

Compare that to a 13" CXR at 4.5 Kg's that's a difference of 6Kg per wheel or a total of 24Kg and all unsprung, rotating mass.

Then add in tyre weight and I'm guessing here but a 185/60 AO48 probably saves at least 2Kg over a 16" 205/45 Pirelli/Michelin etc so a total unsprung, rotating mass saving of over 30Kg's.

Dont forget to dial in the extra weight of air required for those larger sized tyres  :t-up: