Anyone in Nairn, Inverness, Moray?

mrjonnie

Hi there

Welcome to the north!!

It is nice to see another Westfield up here as they are few and far between.

I stay about 20miles northwest of Inverness.

Hugh

Elgin....that's near enough and 20 miles North no worries. Once I'm up there, week before Christmas, will post again. Would be nice to get to know the area/ some new people, and where the old bill hang out!!

Thanks guys.

Jon :D

I used to live in Forres, about 11 miles away. I still live not that far away in Aberdeenshire. You are moving to a fantastic area with it's own (good) weather system and some amazing roads! Try the Forres to Grantown road, it's superb!

I was up that way for 7 years.  The B9007 Aviemore to Forres road is fun, but quite narrow with some blind crests (not too good in a Westy), however, the main road that runs east from Aviemore to Grantown then North to Elgin is windy and fast enough to be a fun drive and has plenty of overtaking opportunities  :D

Also worth looking up the Scottish Speed Championship.  I visited one of the rounds North of Tain and it seemed that the only regulation for the car was that it needed an MOT.  Might give you a chance to try your hand at competition.

I was up that way for 7 years.  The B9007 Aviemore to Forres road is fun, but quite narrow with some blind crests (not too good in a Westy), however, the main road that runs east from Aviemore to Grantown then North to Elgin is windy and fast enough to be a fun drive and has plenty of overtaking opportunities  :D

Evening Darren.  Hope your still enjoying yourself down south

B9007.jpg

B9007. The start of the moorland section, heading south towards Carbridge  :love:

There are some great loops to be done, ranging from 60 to 300 miles.  I'll show you round some, even if I need to take the Audi.

Evenin' Neil,

Life's a little slower work-wise down sowff, but I'm finding plenty to spend my hard earned on - namely racing!!