Zetec VX V8

wildwesty

(Buzz Billsberry @ Aug. 20 2007,10:27)

I've never had problems with bends as the V8 is sorted . Oh and don't forget Mark Minshaw won the the Speed series class B Championship a few years a go in a chubby V8 with a lot stiff competition. I'm also sure John Fish would put you in your place as well.I do love those gems about V8's and corners they do make me giggle! You track day boys sure are a laugh  

Buzz

What about little old me  

And Darren Berris - last year's class B winner in a V8.

I've never had problems with bends as the V8 is sorted . Oh and don't forget Mark Minshaw won the the Speed series class B Championship a few years a go in a chubby V8 with a lot stiff competition. I'm also sure John Fish would put you in your place as well.I do love those gems about V8's and corners they do make me giggle! You track day boys sure are a laugh ;)

Buzz

Hardly the power unit of choice for track use though, are they Buzz? Whilst there are a few exceptionly fast V8's out there (there are *always* exceptions to the rule), credit where credit is due, most have been extremely well developed for their intended use - and well driven too. All said and done, a 200bhp VX/Zetec Westy would probably run rings round a 200bhp V8. I would hazard a guess the above examples you mention are probably a tad over 200bhp :suspect:  ;) - and definately out of the estimated budget range.

IMO, V8's should be in the tow barge, not a lightweight sportscar. *If* they were the way forward, everyone would be using them instead of VX's ;)  :D  But for mainly road use, why not? You definately cant beat the V8 soundtrack. Certainly a better sound than your giggle... :sheep:  :D

IMO, V8's should be in the tow barge, not a lightweight sportscar.

Stu  the more I hear you the more sense you make  :oops:    :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :devil:  :p  :p

IMO, V8's should be in the tow barge, not a lightweight sportscar.

How's about ACW's V8, now that must be light .... another exception maybe :p:D???

Tiggs

Hardly the power unit of choice for track use though.

No, but because of cost/simplicity/rarity/popularity  issues rather than suitability or performance.

Sorry Stu, dont agree m8

Ay up - another bite :D

Don't see why, unless it was a s**t load heavier. HP/ton is hp/ton & that's that. Any weight disparity will be compensated for by torque

They are heavier, car for car - quite a bit, too. Theres your answer.

Probably another reason why they are rarer too ;)  :devil: