1/4 mile times

speedy blue

:) has anyone,does anyone go to test there 1/4 mile times. I know there are lots of varying factors to take into account here but what are westies like over the 1/4 mile.if anyone has any info on what spec has achieved what would be greatful if you could share it.I would like to try at santa pod on a run what you brung day later this year but just a bit reserved when i hear of people turning up with 600bhp+

I've not done a RWYB, but I used to help a chap with a pro rover. I would say do it and don't worry what the others bring, the biggest battle will be you and the clock, and improving it. You will be pleased to loose to 600+, but loosing to 60bhp will kill you, so be prepared to learn.

but what are westies like over the 1/4 mile

who cares when they're so much quicker around bends than most other things  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

:D oh quick and fun to drive on the twisty bits. im just curious as to what time it can achieve but ,and i know i might not have the quickest car there but i will be there knowing that mine is a fun fully road drivable car thanks for the reasurance chaps :D

There are too many variables to give a good answer. Tyres used power/torque from the engine gearing etc. Just to throw my two p worth in to the hat I managed 12.37 @ 113mph at RAF Chivenor last year. The track did not have drag strip levels of grip in fact the start line was quite poor with 64foot times about 3/10ths down on what I can do. I hope to do better this year and would like to get into the 11 second 1/4's ;)

you should be in the late 13's/early 14's if youve got a stock zetec/vx

the jap turbo nutter barges are obviously extremely quick but on the opposite end of the scale iv'e watched an 1100cc mk 1 fiesta go down the strip and he loved it just as much, if not more!

i think you'll find you're fairly competitve against most hot hatches and the likes, your biggest challenge will be your reaction time on the lights ;)