ZX10 engine in a westie?

magicaltrevor

Hi, I've done a quick search to see if this has been raised before but I couldn't find anything so apologies if it has already been covered.

Firstly, is it feasible to put a ZX10 engine in a Westie?

- I assume the answer is yes, which leads to my next question

How much work is involved in fitting it?  I assume that I would need an engine mount and that's about it?  Or am I wrong.

Thanks for any help

Andrew

I can't see why it wouldn't fit, many bike engines have been installed, mainly the Blades, Birds and Busas as these were factory options but in addition there have been at least ZX9R and R1 versions built to my knowledge and the ZX10 is not that different to the ZX9R.

Main problem as you say will be the engine mounting/alignment, once that's sorted the rest is going to be virtually the same for all the bike engines  :t-up:

yes it is .the only thing is everything will be at the moment bespoke not heard of one done yet .this engine gives good power if its the latest model think its only a couple of bhp short of busa .things youll need

engine cradle

prop

at least a baffled sump

bike loom

new manifold making up

sprocket adapter

throttle /clutch cables (unless its hydraulic)

these are things which can be done you havent said if this is new build or re engine.you could also look on locost builders forum there is a dedicated bec on there

Presumably you have a ZX10 engine already ? if not consider the other powerplants that Higgsti mentioned as they have all been done previously so bits/support are available.

That said if your a smart A*** and you have a ZX10 lying about go for it as it's always nice to see something different ;)

i've got a zx12  in my westy, you are very welcome to have a look at it. I'm only in lancashire (southport) might give you an idea of what your up against