.Advice on this car please...

darrenstewart

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a westie, unfortunately i havent got a huge amount of spare cash, the most i really want to go to is £5000. I know that this limits what i can buy somewhat... but i really want one!

What do people think of this one, i really like the look of it even with the slight damage.

Does anyone know the kind of stats on a 2.0L Pinto. I.e 0-60 times etc? I'm not hugely bothered but i dont really have any idea!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/163425.htm

Thanks,

Darren

Ooh now that does look tidy (apart from the crazed bonnet) and very good value I'd say... evan has a strong rollbar and suede steering wheel so just about ready to enter the Speed Series next year too once you're used to it  ;)  :cool:  :D

I'll echo everyone else by saying it does indeed look very good value (am I the only one who hates it when cars get listed as 'for sale' for far cheaper than I'd want to sell mine when in many ways they're better? :().  The 2l pinto should give you a fair amount of power though if you wanted more power you could probably improve performance a bit without spending huge amounts of money (fast road cam, double valve springs, etc - i'm only guessing such things havent been done..).  And if the bonnet damage does worry you then you could easily enough replace it for about 100 notes i think?  Just guessing there but it should be easy enough to find out for sure on the westfield site...

No idea what the performance numbers are but depending what you drive at the moment i've a feeling it'l probably be plenty quick enough for you...it's a 2l engine in a sub-tonne body.  That's a good mix.

As to performance, you'd be looking at 0-60 in around 6 to 6.5 secs I'd guess but it's things like the braking and cornering where you can run rings round most tintops - like the one in your avatar... ;-)

haha class, I'm so excited about getting one!! Thanks for the advice everyone much appreciated.

I will have the cash available very soon, im guessing that the car people have commented aobut may well be gone soon but hopefully i will find another cracker for that price...  :suspect:

buy it ! i drive a pinto seiw to work every day (even in the snow !) a pinto in that trim with a 3.6 diff should do 6-6.5 0-60 :)

Hi guys, Yep its me selling it. Price seems fair to me but its still for sale! Seems that there are just more cars out the for sale than there are buyers.   Come have a look at it Darren.

cheers,

steve