Newark 07

2L_Pinto_Westfield

Then simply go for a 2 hour blast to somewhere else more interesting  :D  ;)  :devil:  :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2L_Pinto_Westfield

• Mark Stanton

• Major Stare

• jak

In my opinion Newark is a better show than Harrogate even although it maybe not as well supported by the club.

However should we really be criticising any of these shows as they are  only as good as the clubs supporting them  ???  :0  :oops:

However should we really be criticising any of these shows as they are  only as good as the clubs supporting them  

and similarly the manufacturers and trade stands that support them  ;)  ;)  ;) and especially the show organisers that put in maximum effort for promoting the event and actually inviting the clubs and making it attactive for them to offer club support in return for getting paying punters through the gates  ;)  ;)  ;)

Newark is an anagram of w**ker  ???

Alternatively you could go to Super Car Sunday at the Heritage Motor Museum - excellent event last year :cool:

There'll be hundreds if not thousands of folks supporting the WSCC  :D  :D  :D

Just that most will be in Le Mans or Super Car Sunday at the Heritage Motor Museum or simply out blatting or at Harewood and MIRA in the SS  :D  :D  :D

Don't get me wrong the Newark Show used to be fantastic about 12 to 20 years ago - loads of trade stands clubs stands and a real social vibe - however as with a lot of these things it seems to have had its day as did the Stafford Show  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :down:

Same old, same old gets boring - new ideas new improvements - Newark has stagnated  :down:  :down:  :down: which is a shame for everyone  :down:

Not sure if it has anything to do with it's success - but there is only one team of show organisers that actually speaks to clubs and asks what they would like and ensure stands are o.k , big enough etc etc  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D

And yes over the years attendances have also fallen over the years - but it's still the biggest Kit Car Show  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D

and just little old me at Newark..................

We'll be there with the SOC in our yellow Scamp as always.  You're on plot 24, and we're on plot 17 so we'll come and say hello. :)

I'm hoping to go on the Friday night to see the band, not sure I'll be watching Saturday night's though.

Sten our boxer pup is having his nuts off on the 15th, so us camping depends on how well he is - We might leave him at home and drive to & fro. We're only about 40 miles away though, so that's not a prob.

Hope to see you there

E. :t-up:

Hi, After a soaking on Sunday at Harewood I think I'll wait to check the weather before setting off in the Westfield.

Either way I hope to be at Newark supporting Westfield.

See you there,

Chris

As previously posted, I shall be there on Saturday morning at least, before heading back to Gainsborough to load the car onto the trailer for Harewood SS on sunday.

See ya there! :D