1800 specs

darrenstewart

Still looking for the westfield for me...

What kind of 0-60 times can i expect from different engines, i realise of course that there are numerous different types and sizes - i would probably be looking at an 1800, what the difference between an 1800 and a 1600?

Thanks!

About 200 ...  :durr:

:devil:  Simple rule of thumb get the biggest and fastest you can... you will always want to go faster not slower!!

And when you have the biggest and fastest you can, get it set up right! keep it propperly maintained and learn to drive it properly!  :t-up:

0-60 times are just for boasting down the pub, the feeling you get from driving a westi is far better than any 0-60 time could possibly describe, and yes even a 1600 will feel fast  :D  :D  :cool:

:p haha thanks!

Yeah, I just wondered if theres any noticable difference - im not really hugely bothered about it but if people say that its well worth getting say an 1800 over a 1600 then i would go down that route.

I would love a V8 but my wallet doesnt unfortunately  :down:

It all depends on the state of tune etc...

And don't forget whilst relatively cheap, insurance will probably be more for bigger engined cars.

I've got an 1800zetec and it's plenty fast enough,  :D sure a 2.0L duratec would be nice  :D  and I'd survive with just a 1600  :devil:  ;)  But if buying second hand I'd say that you need to asses the car as a whole rather than get hung up on just the engine size, getting around corners fast has less to do with engine size.  ;)

And don't be jealous of the V8's   ;)   It's not any faster when you have to stop every 20 miles to fill up!!  :p  :p

:devil:  Simple rule of thumb get the biggest and fastest you can... you will always want to go faster not slower!!

Ah but slow just sounds so  :cool:  :devil:  when it's a 4.0 V8 pulling you along

Ah but slow just sounds so  :cool:  :devil:  when it's a 4.0 V8 pulling you along

:D  :D

I've never had to get a tow to the petrol station...  :oops:  Fuel efficent you see these modern engines.  :D

Don't forget the weight of the car too, this will probably have as much of an impact on the 0-60 times as the power/size of the engine.

Dan

Mine is an 1800 zetec approx 150bhp, it can keep up with an 310 bhp scooby WRX Sti upto about 80 ish, after that the aerodynamics work against me.  :down:  I think the factory quote approx 5ish secs 0-60 for the speedsport (155bhp).

Mine is an 1800 zetec approx 150bhp, it can keep up with an 310 bhp scooby WRX Sti upto about 80 ish,

How about in the bends? Can the STi keep up there?

Or braking before those bends, how many brakepads do you go through on a trackday? I bet it's less than the STi.

Mine's a standard 1800 zetec with only one trottle body. Does 6 sec to 100kph with 120bhp and 620kg (+100 in the driversseat)

snelheid is speed indicated by the speedo. Some wheelspin getting to second! :D

ac44.jpg